OSDK 1.20

Questions, bug reports, features requests, ... about the Oric Software Development Kit. Please indicate clearly in the title the related element (OSDK for generic questions, PictConv, FilePack, XA, Euphoric, etc...) to make it easy to locate messages.

Dbug
Site Admin

OSDK 1.20

Post by Dbug »

Nothing specially exciting in this new version, but I need to make sure the core of the system is still working fine, there was many small changes and fixes I imported from multiple sources (like fixes made on my laptop while in holidays, etc...) which had never made it to the repository.

So, here is the list of changes:
  • Upgraded Bas2Tap to version 2.2, with improved error messages, and support for easily importing and calling assembler modules
  • Upgraded XA to the version 2.2.6 which now returns an Error code value 1 if a source file is missing
  • Upgraded FloppyBuilder to version 1.3 (fixed some issues with relative paths in the description file)
  • Added two sample programs in sample\mixed\basic_with_assembler to show how to mix assembly code and BASIC and one in sample\basic to demonstrate the use of symbols in a BASIC program
As usual, the OSDK is available on the download page at http://www.osdk.org/index.php?page=download but you can now also get it from OSDN.net at https://osdn.net/projects/oricsdk/
jbperin
Flight Lieutenant

Re: OSDK 1.20

Post by jbperin »

Thank you very much for this new realease. :D

Mixing ASM and BASIC was so complicated up to now .. Very interesting feature.

My only disappointment is that the monitor of the Oricutron provided with the OSDK is still not usable for non-qwerty keyboard owners (that I belong to).

For people facing the same issue, I want to tell that my debug sessions allways start with:

Code: Select all

SET OSDK=C:\My\Good\Old\osdk_1_16
seb
2nd Star Corporal

Post by seb »

hi everyone
i have installed osdk 1.20 and my antivirus (g-data) found this (see attached picture)

maybe false positives (i hope so :))
could you check it please ?

for g-data i can submit the files for inspection
delaying my future use of 1.20 version

not active on oric since eons ... my last osdk was 1.14
best regards @all
seb
Attachments
quarantine.png
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

i have installed osdk 1.20 and my antivirus (g-data) found this (see attached picture)
That's normal unfortunately.

Basically modern antivirus are shit, and that's not really there fault because it has become impossible to make a proper virus detection, so they are using heuristics, which includes "Oh, nobody even ran this program, so it must be dangerous".

A way to mitigate that is to digitally sign an executable, but that requires to have a code signing certificate, and that costs at a minimum 50 euros a year.

So yes, these are false positives, they were rebuilt with Visual Studio like one hour ago from the source code from the SVN server.
My only disappointment is that the monitor of the Oricutron provided with the OSDK is still not usable for non-qwerty keyboard owners (that I belong to).
That's indeed an issue, not sure if @iss has made any progress on that?
iss
Wing Commander

Post by iss »

Thanks for this new version!

There is small bug related to Linux build after commit 1598:
File: 'osdk/main/common/sources/common.cpp' Line: #1096:

return chdir(getcwd, fullPath.c_str()) == 0;
Must be:

return chdir(fullPath.c_str()) == 0;
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

Thanks, I pushed the fix for the chdir.
That was a copy-paste error, but since I'm not building the Linux version myself...
Bodhi
Officer Cadet

Post by Bodhi »

There is a Linux version of OSDK? Where can one download this?
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

Bodhi wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:31 pm There is a Linux version of OSDK? Where can one download this?
You have to build it yourself from the source repository.

It's maintained by mmu_man, jylam, iss, ... I don't use Linux myself
iss
Wing Commander

Post by iss »

Bodhi wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:31 pm There is a Linux version of OSDK? Where can one download this?
Check this OLD POST. It should work.
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

iss wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:44 pm
Maybe I could add these instructions on osdk.org
iss
Wing Commander

Post by iss »

Dbug wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:58 am Maybe I could add these instructions on osdk.org
Sure. They work but they should be considered more as hack. :)
Bodhi
Officer Cadet

Post by Bodhi »

I had a quick view on it already and will try it later, when I'm at home.
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

iss wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:20 am
Dbug wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:58 am Maybe I could add these instructions on osdk.org
Sure. They work but they should be considered more as hack. :)
What I can do is:
- Add to the download page a link to the SVN repository location with the OSDK
- Add a "how to build the OSDK" page, with a section on how to do it with Visual Studio and one for Linux with a link to the "use OSDK under Linux" thread in case things don't work as expected.

It's not a professional system, it's not like we had to have things work 100%, but at least that would make it easier for people to find out the relevant information.
Bodhi
Officer Cadet

Post by Bodhi »

Bodhi wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:16 am
I had a quick view on it already and will try it later, when I'm at home.
Hmm, when I follow the instructions of that post you linked to, I get the folloing:

bodhi@Linux:~$ mkdir ~/OSDK-build
bodhi@Linux:~$ cd ~/OSDK-build
bodhi@Linux:~/OSDK-build$ mkdir ~/OSDK-build
mkdir: das Verzeichnis »/home/bodhi/OSDK-build“ kann nicht angelegt werden: Die Datei existiert bereits
bodhi@Linux:~/OSDK-build$ chmod +x doit-osdk.sh
bodhi@Linux:~/OSDK-build$ ./doit-osdk.sh
./doit-osdk.sh: 6: svn: not found
./doit-osdk.sh: 9: cd: can't cd to pc/shared_libraries/unittestcpp
make: *** Keine Regel, um „clean“ zu erstellen.  Schluss.
Ingnoring the error :)
./doit-osdk.sh: 14: cd: can't cd to /home/bodhi/OSDK-build/pc/tools/osdk/main
touch: 'compiler/sources/debug.c' kann nicht berührt werden: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
cp: Aufruf von stat für 'Osdk/_final_/include' nicht möglich: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
cp: Aufruf von stat für 'Osdk/_final_/lib' nicht möglich: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
cp: Aufruf von stat für 'Osdk/_final_/macro' nicht möglich: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
cp: Aufruf von stat für 'Osdk/_final_/macro/MACRO.H' nicht möglich: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
dos2unix: Datei osdk-linux/bin/doit-osdk.sh wird ins Unix-Format umgewandelt …

DONE! Your OSDK for Linux is in: /home/bodhi/OSDK-build/osdk-linux/
touch: 'compiler/sources/debug.c' kann nicht berührt werden: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
cp: Aufruf von stat für 'Osdk/_final_/include' nicht möglich: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
cp: Aufruf von stat für 'Osdk/_final_/lib' nicht möglich: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
cp: Aufruf von stat für 'Osdk/_final_/macro' nicht möglich: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
cp: Aufruf von stat für 'Osdk/_final_/macro/MACRO.H' nicht möglich: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden

bodhi@Linux:~/OSDK-build$ cd Test/Compis/Oric
bash: cd: Test/Compis/Oric: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
bodhi@Linux:~/OSDK-build$ cd
bodhi@Linux:~$ cd Test/Compis/Oric/osdk_1_19
bodhi@Linux:~/Test/Compis/Oric/osdk_1_19$ wine bas2tap -b2t1 Robot Substraction.txt Robot Substraction.tap
0039:err:ntoskrnl:ZwLoadDriver failed to create driver L"\\Registry\\Machine\\System\\CurrentControlSet\\Services\\winio64": c0000142
0009:err:module:__wine_process_init L"C:\\windows\\system32\\bas2tap.exe" not found
bodhi@Linux:~/Test/Compis/Oric/osdk_1_19$ wine bas2tap -b2t1 Robot Substraction.txt Robot_Substraction.tap
003a:err:ntoskrnl:ZwLoadDriver failed to create driver L"\\Registry\\Machine\\System\\CurrentControlSet\\Services\\winio64": c0000142
0009:err:module:__wine_process_init L"C:\\windows\\system32\\bas2tap.exe" not found
bodhi@Linux:~/Test/Compis/Oric/osdk_1_19$ cd Bin
bodhi@Linux:~/Test/Compis/Oric/osdk_1_19/Bin$ wine bas2tap -b2t1 Robot Substraction.txt Robot_Substraction.tap
003a:err:ntoskrnl:ZwLoadDriver failed to create driver L"\\Registry\\Machine\\System\\CurrentControlSet\\Services\\winio64": c0000142

Bas2Tap - Version 2.001 - This program is a part of the OSDK (http://www.osdk.org)

Authors:
  Fabrice Frances (original version) 
  Mickael Pointier (extended BASIC features) 

Purpose:
  Converting a text file containing a BASIC source code to a binary
  encoded TAPE file that can be loaded using the CLOAD command.
  (and the opposite operation as well).

Parameters:
  <options> <sourcefile> <destinationfile>

Options:
  -b2t[0|1] for converting to tape format with autorun (1) or not (0)
  -t2b for converting from tape format text
  -color[0|1] for enabling colored comments
  -optimize[0|1] for allowing for optimizations (disabling comments, etc...)

Source Commands:
  #labels to enable labels and auto numbering
  #optimize to enable optimization
  #defines to define symbols
  'tilde' to escape sequences and 'paragraph' to insert current line number

Example:
  Bas2Tap -b2t1 final.txt osdk.tap
  Bas2Tap -t2b osdk.tap program.txt

bodhi@Linux:~/Test/Compis/Oric/osdk_1_19/Bin$ wine bas2tap -b2t1 Robot_Substraction.txt Robot_Substraction.tap

Bas2Tap: Unable to load source file
bodhi@Linux:~/Test/Compis/Oric/osdk_1_19/Bin$ wine bas2tap -b2t1 Robot_Subtraction.txt Robot_Substraction.tap
0039:err:ntoskrnl:ZwLoadDriver failed to create driver L"\\Registry\\Machine\\System\\CurrentControlSet\\Services\\winio64": c0000142

Bas2Tap: Missing line number in file Robot_Subtraction.txt line 68
0041:err:module:__wine_process_init L"C:\\windows\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework64\\v4.0.30319\\mscorsvw.exe" not found
bodhi@Linux:~/Test/Compis/Oric/osdk_1_19/Bin$ wine bas2tap -b2t1 Robot_Subtraction.txt Robot_Substraction.tap
003c:err:ntoskrnl:ZwLoadDriver failed to create driver L"\\Registry\\Machine\\System\\CurrentControlSet\\Services\\winio64": c0000142
0038:err:ntoskrnl:ZwLoadDriver failed to create driver L"\\Registry\\Machine\\System\\CurrentControlSet\\Services\\winio64": c0000142
bodhi@Linux:~/Test/Compis/Oric/osdk_1_19/Bin$ 0015:err:service:process_send_command service protocol error - failed to read pipe r = 0  count = 0!
wine bas2tap -b2t1 Robot_Subtraction.txt Robot_Substraction.tap
bodhi@Linux:~/Test/Compis/Oric/osdk_1_19/Bin$ cd
bodhi@Linux:~$ cd OSDK-build/oricsdk-public_pc_tools_osdk_main-r1602/main/
bodhi@Linux:~/OSDK-build/oricsdk-public_pc_tools_osdk_main-r1602/main$ make
make[1]: Verzeichnis „/home/bodhi/OSDK-build/oricsdk-public_pc_tools_osdk_main-r1602/main/common“ wird betreten
Makefile:1: ../../../rules.mk: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
make[1]: *** Keine Regel, um „../../../rules.mk“ zu erstellen.  Schluss.
make[1]: Verzeichnis „/home/bodhi/OSDK-build/oricsdk-public_pc_tools_osdk_main-r1602/main/common“ wird verlassen
make: *** [Makefile:11: all] Fehler 2
bodhi@Linux:~/OSDK-build/oricsdk-public_pc_tools_osdk_main-r1602/main$ ./configure
bash: ./configure: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
bodhi@Linux:~/OSDK-build/oricsdk-public_pc_tools_osdk_main-r1602/main$ cd
bodhi@Linux:~$ cd OSDK-build
bodhi@Linux:~/OSDK-build$ ./doit-osdk
bash: ./doit-osdk: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
bodhi@Linux:~/OSDK-build$ ls
doit-osdk.sh
oricsdk-public_pc_tools_osdk_main-r1602
oricsdk-public_pc_tools_osdk_main-r1602.zip
osdk-linux

iss
Wing Commander

Post by iss »

Bodhi wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:14 pm... when I follow the instructions...
Answered in the OLD thread.
Dbug wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:11 pmWhat I can do is:
- Add to the download page a link to the SVN repository location with the OSDK
- Add a "how to build the OSDK" page, with a section on how to do it with Visual Studio and one for Linux with a link to the "use OSDK under Linux" thread in case things don't work as expected.
There is already such topic in documentation/doc_installation.htm and maybe for now the best is to put a link to the forum post.
IMHO it will be not to difficult to fix the "original" Makefiles made by:

# OSDK rules.mk for GNU Make
# Copyright (c) 2014 Jean-Yves Lamoureux <jylam@lnxscene.org>