Some cc65 internals resources ?

Since we do not have native C compilers on the Oric, this forum will be mostly be used by people using CC65 or the OSDK. But any general C related post will be welcome !
applepie
Officer Cadet

Some cc65 internals resources ?

Post by applepie »

Hi, new forum poster here ;-) Happy to join the community

When searching informations about cc65 runtime internals I found :
- https://www.cc65.org/doc/internal.txt
- https://cc65.github.io/doc/cc65-intern.html

The first page seems to be pretty old, does anybody know if its content is still valid ?

I would like to better understand the software stack.

Note : I have a working cc65 toolchain at hand plus oricutron, all from macOS command line with a compiling and running hello world.
iss
Wing Commander

Re: Some cc65 internals resources ?

Post by iss »

Welcome here, @applepie!

AFAIK the most recent cc65 documentation can be found in github/cc65/doc.
It's in sgml format and to make it usable/browsable you need 'linuxdoc' tool which converts sgml -> html.
I don't know if it's synchronized with the main cc65.org site.
Maybe there are some forums, mailing-lists, etc. which are especially devoted to cc65 ... but don't hesitate to post here if you have any particular question we will try help too ;).

You mentioned macOS, is this Oricutron issue yours?
applepie
Officer Cadet

Re: Some cc65 internals resources ?

Post by applepie »

Thanks for you help, I think I'll try to tinker by myself and ask if I'm stuck ;-)

And yes the issue is mine. Not very hi level but...

About this issue one simple solution would be to add a new define in the Makefile (eg. MAKEFILE_BUILD) and a preprocessor IF in oricutron main.c file

I also added a command line flag to overclock oricutron at 64mhz. As I will produce junk code for a long (provided I don't give up), I want this junk to quickly fail :-) And booting oricutron at 64mhz is very very fast !

I never did a pull request + patch proposal on github, but maybe I could try ?