Page 1 of 1

Oricutron debugger syntax

Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:01 pm
by iss
Great work!
I'm happy that you like the 'fw' in monitor! This is enough motivation to add (soon) 'fwt' - write directly to TAP (and maybe 'fwta' - the autostart version too) ;).

Re: Oricutron debugger syntax

Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:54 pm
by Dbug
iss wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:01 pm Great work!
I'm happy that you like the 'fw' in monitor! This is enough motivation to add (soon) 'fwt' - write directly to TAP (and maybe 'fwta' - the autostart version too) ;).
Actually what I'd like is to have all the commands that use some range, to accept either a length or an end address, or alternatively have a possibility to do some arithmetic (function evaluator?) in the debugger :)

Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:22 pm
by iss
Dbug wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:54 pm... some arithmetic (function evaluator?) in the debugger ...
This is interesting and doable, but needs first we strictly define all new syntax.

Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:42 pm
by Dbug
Decided to split the topic to not pollute the Speech Synthesis one :)

So first, regarding the standardization of the syntax, it's because I never remember the way ranges are specified, like for example:
fd <addr> <end> <file>- Disassemble to file
fw <addr> <len> <file>- Write mem to BIN file
one uses "end address" and the other "length"

Both are useful and would be good to have for both :)

For expressions, well, yes, having a non ambiguous syntax is important, but at the very basic, it would be nice to do some basic arithmetic, like add a "+64" on a value and it's properly evaluated, but beyond that it could be useful to be able to use the A/X/Y register values, or do point to values in memory, like "I want to save 'x' elements starting from this zero page pointer address".

Just thinking out loud :)