Hard action games on Oric which have an ending?

Want to talks about games you like, would like to see developed on the Oric, it's here.
Symoon
Archivist

Re: Hard action games on Oric which have an ending?

Post by Symoon »

Adam wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:35 pm I don't know about the technicalities. One thing the programmer certainly succeeded in ignoring was the blood pressure and mental well-being of the poor player :)
His comment on Oric.org gives an explanation on the difficulty: " I am the designer and [Herman the] programmer of this game. It's so weird to see this online after so many years. I apologize for making the game so hard though. My father was able to complete every level, so we thought we made it easy enough. Can you imagine that even I cannot finish the first level without cheating now... Marcel van Driel"
;)
Adam
Officer Cadet

Post by Adam »

Symoon wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:41 pm His comment on Oric.org gives an explanation on the difficulty: " I am the designer and [Herman the] programmer of this game. It's so weird to see this online after so many years. I apologize for making the game so hard though. My father was able to complete every level, so we thought we made it easy enough. Can you imagine that even I cannot finish the first level without cheating now... Marcel van Driel"
;)
I bet his dad went on to become the chief games tester for the Demon's Souls / Dark Souls series. He's got a lot to answer for.
ibisum
Wing Commander

Post by ibisum »

I still think someone could have a lot of fun wiring up CGAN to Oricutron with the intention of developing an AI capable of beating Damsels in Distress.
Antiriad2097
Flying Officer

Post by Antiriad2097 »

I don't know if it's considered hard, but bitd I used to be able to loop Hunchback two or three times.

It takes a lot of memorising patterns on each screen, as there are often off screen arrows/fireballs you need to jump to avoid before they appear.