OricExplorer v2.4.1...

Anything related to the tools Tap2Wav, Tap2CD, Tap2Dsk, Sedoric Disc Manager, Tape Header Creator, WriteDsk, and generaly speaking tools related to the management of Oric data files and devices.
damien
2nd Star Corporal

OricExplorer v2.4.1...

Post by damien »

Hi,

Two weeks ago I announced the release of OricExplorer v2.4, in the "Oric Explorer v2.0 is up for adoption!!!" topic as for the previous releases. Today I choose to change the topic so as not to continue "polluting" the previous one. If you think otherwise, you can merge this topic with the aforementioned precedent.

So, this new version offered an alternative display mode of the list of disks/tapes/roms/other files, optional and activatable separately by type of media.

The next day I published a v2.4.0.1 correcting a bug introduced in v2.4 and, a few days later, the v2.4.1 has correct another problem.

But I forgot to specify that since this v2.4.1, in addition to being available in portable mode (.zip archive) OricExplorer is now also available in installable mode (.exe installer).

By default, the installation is done in the user's profile (%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Programs\OricExplorer) therefore does not require you to be an administrator of the machine.

The packages are available here : Finally, I remind you that the app requires the presence of the .NET Framework v4.5.2 minimum.

Regards,

damien. flag_fr
Presentation and download of personal software on dipisoft.com
Yicker
Pilot Officer

Re: OricExplorer v2.4.1...

Post by Yicker »

Hi Damien.

Just want to say how happy I am at seeing the continuing development of Oric Explorer.

Great work

Regards
Scott
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

If that's fine with you, I'll move the topic to "Tape and floppy disk converters" because it should really not be in "General"
jbperin
Flight Lieutenant

Post by jbperin »

Thank you Damien :D
damien
2nd Star Corporal

Post by damien »

Yicker wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:33 pm Hi Damien.

Just want to say how happy I am at seeing the continuing development of Oric Explorer.

Great work

Regards
Scott
Thanks to you Scott, because without you the app wouldn't exist. I don't do much compared to what you did before.

damien. flag_fr
damien
2nd Star Corporal

Post by damien »

Dbug wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:09 pm If that's fine with you, I'll move the topic to "Tape and floppy disk converters" because it should really not be in "General"
Ok to move the topic but I'm not sure the "Tape and floppy disk converters" section is the most appropriate. From my point of view, the "Emulators" section is a better option. But whatever.

damien. flag_fr
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

damien wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:10 pm
Dbug wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:09 pm If that's fine with you, I'll move the topic to "Tape and floppy disk converters" because it should really not be in "General"
Ok to move the topic but I'm not sure the "Tape and floppy disk converters" section is the most appropriate. From my point of view, the "Emulators" section is a better option. But whatever.
Why do you think Emulators would be a better option?

From what I understand, the primary purpose of Oric Explorer is to browse collections of TAP and DSK files, including their content, and visualize what is inside, a bit like a Total Commander or Directory Opus tool, is it not?
damien
2nd Star Corporal

Post by damien »

Dbug wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:47 am From what I understand, the primary purpose of Oric Explorer is to browse collections of TAP and DSK files, including their content, and visualize what is inside, a bit like a Total Commander or Directory Opus tool, is it not?
Yes, indeed... although I personally use it more as a media manager to launch them in the emulator.

Regards.

damien. flag_fr
xahmol
Flight Lieutenant

Post by xahmol »

damien wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:16 am Yes, indeed... although I personally use it more as a media manager to launch them in the emulator.
Funny. Used all other functionality of OricExplorer and never thought of using it for that ;-) Just was starting emulator and browsed to my image dir.
My use is indeed exactly what Dbug indicates. And a great tool for that!
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

damien wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:16 am Yes, indeed... although I personally use it more as a media manager to launch them in the emulator.
Then I could rename the "Tape and floppy disk converters" forum to also include "media management", because ultimately it's all about the media, even if it can launch the emulators, it's not emulator related.

Categories are flexible, they can be extended, modified, clarified, but it's important to put messages where they are more likely to be looked for if somebody is searching for information.
damien
2nd Star Corporal

Post by damien »

Dbug wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:18 pm Then I could rename the "Tape and floppy disk converters" forum to also include "media management", because ultimately it's all about the media, even if it can launch the emulators, it's not emulator related.

Categories are flexible, they can be extended, modified, clarified, but it's important to put messages where they are more likely to be looked for if somebody is searching for information.
OK for me. :wink:

damien. flag_fr
damien
2nd Star Corporal

Post by damien »

xahmol wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:05 pm Funny. Used all other functionality of OricExplorer and never thought of using it for that ;-) Just was starting emulator and browsed to my image dir.
Yes, even if this is not its primary function, OricExplorer is very practical for launching the emulator (Oricutron for me) by passing it the selected media as a parameter, whether it is a .tap or a .dsk... just a double-click is enough. Or right-click to select the target machine (Oric-1, Atmos, Pravetz) when you want to start the emulator with another machine than the one selected by default.

damien. flag_fr
damien
2nd Star Corporal

Re: OricExplorer v2.4.2...

Post by damien »

Hello,

FYI, I just accepted the merge request posted by Scott (himself! Many thanks to him!) who refactored the media scan part and updated the scan progress window.

The app has therefore gone from v2.4.1.0 to v2.4.2.0.

For my part, I continued to work on the project but I was waiting for Scott to finalize his update before posting mine. It will be done this evening or in the next few days.

@ +

damien. flag_fr
damien
2nd Star Corporal

Re: OricExplorer v2.4.3...

Post by damien »

Hi,

As expected, v2.4.3 is available since last night. Improvements:
  • fixed a bug in "Tools\Import Atmos BASIC File" functionality (issue oric-software#6)
  • fixed a bug in the update module when calling from the "Help" menu: the application was not restarted after the update
  • rewrited the update module (now uses .zip archive instead of .bin file)
  • moved "sort disk directory" submenu from disk context menu to "View" menu because it concerns all disks, not only the selected one
  • added a new sort disk directory option: by extension
  • added a status bar to inform the user of the cursor position (index and address) in the hexadecimal file viewer
Warning: due to the modifications made to the functioning of the update module, the update from a previous version will not be functional automatically: it will have to be carried out manually (go to the official repo). The next updates will be functional.

Regards,

damien. flag_fr
damien
2nd Star Corporal

Re: OricExplorer v2.5...

Post by damien »

Good evening,

I am proud to announce you of the release of OricExplorer v2.5. It includes a new feature, accessible from the "Tools" menu, called "Screenshoter for Oricutron".

As its name suggests, it allows you to take screenshots of the Oricutron window:
  • captures can be done either on demand or in automatic mode
  • for the automatic mode, you can specify the interval between two captures and you can choose to ignore a capture if it is identical to the previous one... or not!
  • screenshots are functional even if the window is hidden by another (not everyone has several large screens available), but the window must not be minimized or in full screen mode
  • the captured images are returned in the 240*224 pixel format, which is the format generally used in the "Software" section of the Oric.org website. No need for retouching and/or resizing!
  • by default the output format is PNG, but it is also possible to choose between BMP, GIF, JPEG, TIFF... and even animated GIF! For the latter the interval between the images is adjustable as well as the repetition mode (no repetition, infinite repetition or N repetitions)
  • the files are named with a timestamp (ex.: 2022-11-06-20543803) but it is possible to add a prefix
  • by default, the backup is made in the user's "Pictures\Screenshots" folder, but it can be configured from the "Other settings" tab of the configuration window
Well, I don't think I forgot anything.

For those who are already users of a previous version of OricExplorer (unless you have disabled this feature) just launch it so that it detects the new version and offers you to proceed with the update which will be done in seconds. If there is no notification of this new version, go to the "Check for update" option in the "Help" menu. And if it still doesn't work, it's either a problem with internet access, or your version is too old and you'll have to update it manually.

Thanks to @coco.oric for the tests he did on the different pre-versions that I submitted to him.
And I don't forget @Scott, the father of this project. I hope he will be satisfied with this new version.

Regards,

damien. flag_fr