Oricutron and window size/scale

Comments, problems, suggestions about Oric emulators (Euphoric, Mess, Amoric, etc...) it's the right place to ask. And don't hesitate to give your tips and tricks that help using these emulations in the best possible way on your favorite operating system.
kaydav
Officer Cadet

Oricutron and window size/scale

Post by kaydav »

Is it possible to scale up the window size for Oricutron? I'm using v1.2 on Windows10, not in fullscreen, software rendering. The window is a tad small for my preference and it'd be great to be able to increase it a little without having to switch to fullscreen. When I use Euphoric, my DOSbox setup allows upscaling and I have it set at 3x native (see pic) .. but I really prefer Oricutron to work with most of the time. Is there a .cfg tweak that can make this happen?
upscaling.jpg
Chema
Game master

Re: Oricutron and window size/scale

Post by Chema »

I think there is not an option to do this in the current version :( I would also love to be able to set an integer (x3 x4 ...) scale in Oricutron, but we'd have to wait until some developer makes it happen :roll:

However, just as a side note, you may want to set up the correct aspect ratio of the Oric (you know, those elliptic circles...) by setting the horizontal stretch option. Unfortunately, this seems to be only available in OpenGL rendering :(
ibisum
Wing Commander

Post by ibisum »

It shouldn't be too difficult to do letterbox scaling, at least on the SDL front-end, so that one could scale the window to whatever and still maintain aspect ratio .. on the GL front-end, I think you can already do this - if you are a dev, this means you can clone the Oricutron repo, build for GL on your platform and see if the scaling works. I seem to remember it does, but since I got a new MBP, I've been running the public .app bundle, haven't built on either MacOS or Linux in a year or so ..
iss
Wing Commander

Post by iss »

Indeed, with all these new high-resolution monitors this is an issue - and it's already addressed by TotoShampoin a zoom feature #135 ... so, waiting to see when it will happen ;).