New tool: TCC (TAP Control Center)

Anything related to the tools Tap2Wav, Tap2CD, Tap2Dsk, Sedoric Disc Manager, Tape Header Creator, WriteDsk, and generaly speaking tools related to the management of Oric data files and devices.
Symoon
Archivist

New tool: TCC (TAP Control Center)

Post by Symoon »

Hi all,

Here's a tool I made to detect if TAP files were correctly done, in regard of classic small mistakes I noticed in (15, 20 ?) years of tape transfers ;)
It's called TCC for TAP Control Center, and runs with Excel macros - sorry if you can't run it.

How it works:
Just enter a path where your TAP files are, check if you want subdirectories to be explored, TCC will list all the TAP files stored there, and then check them one by one for errors.
When some errors are checked, you can have details by looking at the corresponding Excel cell comment.
Also please DO READ the 2nd sheet, where errors are explained.

And most of all, don't get depressed, I have made the test on my own transfers: 98 errors for 900 TAP files - more than 10%! 33% are false positives, and most of the rest are not very important (but I now can easily and quickly find the files to correct when I have a moment to do so)

BTW, I had first called the tool "WTF?", standing not for "what the f**k?" but for "Wrong TAP File?", but I thought that was too stupid, don't you? ;)

Enjoy, and any feedback / bug report welcome of course!
Attachments
TCC_TAP_validation.zip
(28.62 KiB) Downloaded 580 times
Chema
Game master

Re: New tool: TCC (TAP Control Center)

Post by Chema »

Symoon wrote: BTW, I had first called the tool "WTF?", standing not for "what the f**k?" but for "Wrong TAP File?", but I thought that was too stupid, don't you? ;)
:lol: Quite the contrary... I love that name for the tool :)

Well done!