sadly selling my oric collection

In this forum you can write about anything that does not fit in other forums.
This includes generic Oric talkings and things that are totaly unrelated but want to share with people here :)
nobbysnuts
Pilot Officer

sadly selling my oric collection

Post by nobbysnuts »

HI just to let anyone who is interested due to change in my life I have to sell most of my beloved oric collection :( :( I have started by listing one of my microdrives on EBAY UK sorry no link as im so sad :( :( :(
I will be listing over the next couple of weeks some hardware and software and manuals,magazines ect unless I can sell my body parts instead :D
ONLY DEAD FISH GO WITH THE FLOW
ibisum
Wing Commander

Post by ibisum »

I will buy your microdrive and any other accessories! Please let me know where the listing is and if there is any way I can convince you to de-list it from EBay and make a direct sale to me, a loyal Oric fanboix!

EDIT: I've searched all over EBay UK but all I can find is Sinclair models .. any chance you haven't listed it yet? Please, I would desperately like to buy your microdrive from you!

EDIT2: I found it and placed my bid but if there is any way to convince you to just sell it to me right away (Buy it now?) you will have hot cash in your hands and I will .. finally .. get the piece of my Atmos system that I have desperately wanted all these years. :)

<--- Very reliable, and absolutely frantic that, finally, a Microdisc is out there ..
nobbysnuts
Pilot Officer

Post by nobbysnuts »

thankyou for your kind offer I have replied to your question on ebay I have had a few oricarians asking about it and think its only fair that everyone is given an equal chance .
I have had a few problems with items going missing when I send abroard but if as long as somone has a UK address to send it to not a problem.
nobbysnuts
Pilot Officer

Post by nobbysnuts »

just to warn you your bid is not showing unless you are using another person to bid for you
ibisum
Wing Commander

Post by ibisum »

Ah I don't have anyone in the UK that can *Bid* for me, just a friend of mine who can receive the item for me and send it on.

I will see what I can do - but if anyone here wants to do it for me, I'd be happy to pay a little extra. I *really* want a Microdisc!
nobbysnuts
Pilot Officer

Post by nobbysnuts »

try now should work for you :wink:
nobbysnuts
Pilot Officer

Post by nobbysnuts »

Has the world gone mad ! or are orics taking over the world :lol: :lol: :lol:
nobbysnuts
Pilot Officer

Post by nobbysnuts »

Its no good :shock: Im taking the dog for a walk ,well at least I know I will be able to give my daughter the christmas she deserves:D
ibisum
Wing Commander

Post by ibisum »

Waaaaah!!! :cry: I didn't win it, boohoo!! :( WaaaAAAAA!!!!

I want my microdisc! :P Mean Last-second Ebay Buyer who went to 421 while I had the winning 411 bid until the *last 1 second* .. waaah!!!

Really upset. :(
nobbysnuts
Pilot Officer

Post by nobbysnuts »

:shock: :shock: :shock: can't believe, sorry you missed out but if I get another up and running will let you know, and if you find one without the powers supply let me know as I have spare psu
ibisum
Wing Commander

Post by ibisum »

If you have *any* microdiscs, in any condition, I'd be interested.

I'm trying to develop an SD-based microdisc hardware replacement for the Oric, and having a microdisc to use as a reference would be very useful for this project. The idea would be to make a module that plugs into the Data port of the Oric, and has a SD card on the other side that can be used to mount disk images.. with the Oric none the wiser that it isn't plugged into an old microdisc, but instead newer more modern hardware.

I've already started this project by obtaining the Cumana PCB from Twilighte and working with Steve to work out some of the more technical details, but it sure would be helpful if I could .. somehow .. get myself a microdisc as a reference.
Silicebit.
Flight Lieutenant

Post by Silicebit. »

Congratulations nobbysnuts. :shock:

Yes, you'll can give to your daughter a great christmas gift. :D

How much for your spare PSU?. I have one Microdisc, but without the power supply.

Best regards.
kamelito
Flying Officer

Any news about your SD card for the Oric?

Post by kamelito »

Hi,
Any news about your SD card for the Oric?

kml
ibisum wrote:If you have *any* microdiscs, in any condition, I'd be interested.

I'm trying to develop an SD-based microdisc hardware replacement for the Oric, and having a microdisc to use as a reference would be very useful for this project. The idea would be to make a module that plugs into the Data port of the Oric, and has a SD card on the other side that can be used to mount disk images.. with the Oric none the wiser that it isn't plugged into an old microdisc, but instead newer more modern hardware.

I've already started this project by obtaining the Cumana PCB from Twilighte and working with Steve to work out some of the more technical details, but it sure would be helpful if I could .. somehow .. get myself a microdisc as a reference.
/kml
skype pseudo : kamelitoloveless
ibisum
Wing Commander

Post by ibisum »

I have been studying documents mostly, no real progress in terms of development, but I think I'm starting to see a way to proceed .. now its just a matter of finding the right hardware for the job ..
kamelito
Flying Officer

Thanks

Post by kamelito »

Keep us in the loop please.
kml
ibisum wrote:I have been studying documents mostly, no real progress in terms of development, but I think I'm starting to see a way to proceed .. now its just a matter of finding the right hardware for the job ..
/kml
skype pseudo : kamelitoloveless