Floppy boot sequence ?

Anything related to the tools Tap2Wav, Tap2CD, Tap2Dsk, Sedoric Disc Manager, Tape Header Creator, WriteDsk, and generaly speaking tools related to the management of Oric data files and devices.
xahmol
Flight Lieutenant

Re: Floppy boot sequence ?

Post by xahmol »

Dbug wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:18 am I guess it would make sense to add the Saving code from Chema to the OSDK loader code, possibly with some #ifdef way to define at compile time if we want to support saving, so the loader can be smaller, and then provide a new sample program that shows how to use "save slots".
That would indeed be awesome. Got completely stuck on trying to do save slots myself last time I tried.
Although I have to say that I was also not that motivated to finish as the alternative route using SEDORIC that Iss back then suggested worked wonderfully well. With the only disadvantage being that I still could not use any of that upper 16KB for own use.

And also, for ORIC Screen Editor the advantage to sticking to SEDORIC is that you now can also read other SEDORIC3 disks from within t(e program to import stuff. That is not that trivial to do if I would not use SEDORIC to load the program itself as well. So that was probably not the right project for it anyway.