CEO-MAG 40th Anniversary

Here is the place to discuss about the magazines (CEO Mag, OUM, Rhetoric, Theoric, Hebdogiciel, ... are all welcome here) and books.
jbperin
Flight Lieutenant

Re: CEO-MAG 40th Anniversary

Post by jbperin »

Dbug wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:42 am here were plenty of "3D" games on the Oric:
- 3D Fongus
- Probe 3
- 3D Tic-Tac-Toe
Yes and I've allways thought it would be a very interesting topic for an Oriclopedia episode covering all different 3D approach used over years on oric.

I thank God that such an episode has not been produced before Flappy Oric 3D, Oric 3D amaze (Los Caminos de Galdeon), M.Vocid or even the Wolfric teaser was released.

Anyway .. I was just saying that there were 9 remaining place in top 10 of 3D game.

So .. still a chance to appear in it.
kenneth
Squad Leader

Post by kenneth »

Dbug wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:42 am There were plenty of "3D" games on the Oric:
- 3D Fongus
- Probe 3
- 3D Tic-Tac-Toe
And "Oric Golf", the slowest game in the world. :lol:
coco.oric
Squad Leader

Post by coco.oric »

Thanks for all your propositions to make a bigger anniversary magazine.
But 1st priority in January will be to fill the document and for personal reasons i'm quite late.
coco.oric as DidierV, CEO Member
Historic owner of Oric, Apple II, Atari ST, Amiga
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

kenneth wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:32 pm And "Oric Golf", the slowest game in the world. :lol:
I quickly tried to have a look at it a few years back, because the game seems quite good despite its terribly slow speed. But converting Basic things to ASM required some mathematical skills which I lost after not having used them for 25-30 years, and IIRC there were some possible memory management bugs too, so I didn't have the nerve to go any further - dropped it for other projects.
Dom
Flying Officer

Post by Dom »

On the occasion of the 40th anniversary of oric, the CEO proposes a return to the past through a special issue of CEO MAG. This issue retraces the prehistory of the CEO and reproduces the ten issues of "Journal ElectrOric" distributed on K7 and diskettes between 1987 and 1990. These issues of "Journal ElectrOric" are the ancestors of the paper CEO MAG created in 1990.
Do not hesitate, the download is free.
A good read for those who read French and those who want to try :-)

To download this Mag, click on the picture bellow. then click on "TELECHARGER"

Enjoy reading! :)