CLOAD-ing recursively

Everything related to BASIC version 1.x (Oric 1 and Atmos) or HYPERBASIC (Telestrat).
Don't hesitate to give your small program samples, technical insights, or questions...
iss
Wing Commander

CLOAD-ing recursively

Post by iss »

Hi all!

This is bit odd and I'm not sure if it will be of any practical usage but because it's fun I decided to share.
So, recently I'm working on a new device for sending TAPs to Oric with high speed protocols and lot of extras (more detail will come soon) and for test purposes (and because no monitor is attached) I'm using simple program which after loaded makes a sound and calls CLOAD again. It works but I was puzzled when the transfer always failed after N successful runs...

The million-dollar question is: Can you guess the number N i.e after how many nested CLOADs the CPU stack is overflowed ? :?

You can write your own simple program or use the attached one - it has an surprise at the end :).
Usage: unzip the attached TAP file, start Oricutron in Atmos mode, type CLOAD"", F1 to pop-up the menu and "Insert tape..."
I hope you like this programmer joke.

EDIT: attachment fixed.
Attachments
bsod.tap.zip
(854 Bytes) Downloaded 242 times
Last edited by iss on Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dbug
Site Admin

Re: CLOAD-ing recursively

Post by Dbug »

I guess that does not work with Oricutron 1.2 of the OSDK (All I get is Searching .. and "01" in Green on the right)
peacer
Flight Lieutenant

Post by peacer »

"Restar" :)
jbperin
Flight Lieutenant

Post by jbperin »

When we reinsert the tap, it increments the counter
iss
Wing Commander

Post by iss »

peacer wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:03 pm "Restar" :)
Typo fixed. Thanks :)
Dbug wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:53 pm I guess that does not work with Oricutron 1.2 of the OSDK (All I get is Searching .. and "01" in Green on the right)
May it will run if you copy the tap file to the 'tapes' sub-folder and 'Insert...' it from there. <-- this didn't worked and it's strange why ver 1.2 can't reload a TAP file.
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

Tested on a real machine while the PC was looping the WAV file :lol:
I think enough time has passed, no more spoiling... The answer is 92 loads!

(and I like how the "press any key to continues" on the BSOD does... Nothing ;) )