TapOric - android TAP player for Oric

Anything related to the tools Tap2Wav, Tap2CD, Tap2Dsk, Sedoric Disc Manager, Tape Header Creator, WriteDsk, and generaly speaking tools related to the management of Oric data files and devices.
Dbug
Site Admin

Re: TapOric - android TAP player for Oric

Post by Dbug »

Was not the game telling you to stop the playback during the intro, and then start it again to load the main part?
AmintaOric
2nd Star Corporal

Post by AmintaOric »

Dbug wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:34 pm Was not the game telling you to stop the playback during the intro, and then start it again to load the main part?
Not, the file I have automatically continue loading the second part after the first with TapOric...
AmintaOric
2nd Star Corporal

Post by AmintaOric »

iss wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:34 pm Attached is the game part only. Try to load it.
It worked, thanks!
AmintaOric
2nd Star Corporal

Post by AmintaOric »

Hi! Any new about the next release of this wonderful app?
localhero44
Private

Post by localhero44 »

Hi,
Had tried TapOric last week, after some problems with the 4 poles cable I had made another cable with 3 poles and it works great :) Very nice app.
Now to my question : in the video you are showing two other transfer modes, F16 and Tap2CD.
Is there another version of TapOric with these modes ? I would like to test the super fast loading.
I have tried to convert myself a .tap to .wav with Tap2CD but when I play the wav file in the app the loading on the Atmos doesn't start.
Thanks and have a nice week-end
David
iss
Wing Commander

Post by iss »

@localhero44: Welcome here!
I'm very glad you liked the TapOric!
1. About the 3- vs 4-pole connectors: there should be no difference in their usage but you already solved this is issue.
2. There is a "pro" version of the TapOric with some fast loading protocols but I didn't released it public. I want to optimize it so it works equally good with as many android devices as possible to test. Else I need to find some free time...
3. The main goal of TapOric is to be used with TAP files! Yes, it can "stream" WAV too but in this mode it relies on the android's internal player for that format which is not the best. For TAP files TapOric has own unique low level player working directly with the hardware-accelerated OpenSL api. This allows very fine adjustment of the sample frequency (i.e. pulse widths) and more robust result.

Hm, let see if can release an update soon... :wink:
localhero44
Private

Post by localhero44 »

@iss Thanks for the answer.
I had tried Tap2Cd more by curiosity, the TapOric very fast loading is of course far better :?
I totally understand how consuming it could be (as a programme myself).
Let me know if you need some help or beta tester (I can test on Android phones, Android tablets, old iphone as well).
Regards
David
RoboFruit
1st Star Corporal

Post by RoboFruit »

Hi,

I have been using this on and off for the last year. It is mostly reliable although sometimes the Oric will crash on loading taps. I would definetly pay for the pro version. What about a patreon funding system so we can feedback ideas and testing ?