Complete list of Oric Atmos adreeses

Here you can ask questions or provide insights about how to use efficiently 6502 assembly code on the Oric.
Symoon
Archivist

Re: Complete list of Oric Atmos adreeses

Post by Symoon »

Steve M wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:52 pm Yes, the Oric-1 Companion. That's the only book I know that has the V1.0 details.
L'oric à Nu has both, one next to another. Really useful sometimes. But in French :?
mikeb
Flight Lieutenant

Post by mikeb »

The two books you mention -- I think you're referring to "The Naked Oric" 1 (C000-CFFF, 63 pgs) and 2 (D000-DFFF, 74 pgs) which I have on paper (in English, and have already scanned).

That's only half the story then ... but the format of combining the routines from 1.0/1.1 side-by-side and the detailed commentary were possibly the best run at explaining the ROM contents outside of the original source code :)

Rambling In The Rom made it to F263 (so near, yet so far!)
Steve M
Squad Leader

Post by Steve M »

I didn't realise Oric a Nu had the Oric-1 ROM as well. Maybe Jon just translated it then? I haven't thought of looking to compare as I thought Oric a Nu was just V1.1

Mike, if you've scanned the two books any chance of a copy? It'd save me a job! I could concentrate on scanning the remaining articles from OUM.
ibisum
Wing Commander

Post by ibisum »

This is an awesome thread .. am I to assume that one result of it, might be that we have a header (.h) or maybe some other form of code interface derived from this data harvest, which might then be used in apps/frameworks?
mikeb
Flight Lieutenant

Post by mikeb »

Steve M wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:51 pm Mike, if you've scanned the two books any chance of a copy? It'd save me a job! I could concentrate on scanning the remaining articles from OUM.
No problem, will PM you when they're fully uploaded somewhere (currently running).

EDIT: Temporarily at http://oric.signal11.org.uk/files/pub/magazines/ for anyone interested.
Last edited by mikeb on Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

What I have here are two documents in English. One is a table with entry points to the main ROM routines both in 1.0 and 1.1. Just the addresses and routine names. Then I have a 132-page pdf called "Oric Atmos ROM v1.1. disassembly" which includes comments on the ROM (from C000 to FFFF), a table of Basic Tokens (with entry points for 1.0 and 1.1), and the usage of page 0 and page 2 (BASIC and ROM), where differences between 1.0 and 1.1 are indicated.

Sorry if these have been commented before on the thread. I came a bit too late!

If anybody wants to have a look at this, let me know.
Last edited by Chema on Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ibisum
Wing Commander

Post by ibisum »

I would love to have a look at it.. and also work on converting it to a text file in a .DSK for reference on-Oric, perhaps?
iss
Wing Commander

Post by iss »

Attached you can find Atmos ROM 1.1B disassembly in PDF. This is the best copy I have - it's nicely colored.
I don't know who's the author nor where I've got it from.
See p.124 for a BASIC commands reference and differences between v1.0 and v.1.1.

IMO, what will be very useful nowadays is to be converted to HTML with hyperlinked JSRs/JMPs for easy browsing.
The difficult thing for a converter will be that it's formatted in columns and has page breaks with inserted headers and footers, so kind of AI will be required :).
Attachments
OricAtmosROM11.pdf.zip
(1.69 MiB) Downloaded 298 times
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

iss wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:03 pm Attached you can find Atmos ROM 1.1B disassembly in PDF. This is the best copy I have - it's nicely colored.
This is the one I also have, but I have it without the nice coloring :)

I include the table I mentioned earlier. I don't know where I got it from. Maybe from an old PDF and converted it to word myself... Not sure at all
Oric ROM Routines.docx
(21.8 KiB) Downloaded 268 times
coco.oric
Squad Leader

Post by coco.oric »

Temporarily at http://oric.signal11.org.uk/files/pub/magazines/ for anyone interested.
Thanks Mike for this scan compil.
I'll check deeper that it seems that the Rambling in the Rom collection isn't complete. I'll complete if i've some missing issues and compiling into one pdf book.
coco.oric as DidierV, CEO Member
Historic owner of Oric, Apple II, Atari ST, Amiga
mikeb
Flight Lieutenant

Post by mikeb »

coco.oric wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:07 am t it seems that the Rambling in the Rom collection isn't complete. I'll complete if i've some missing issues.
The Rambling-in-Rom is as complete as it gets (#C000-#F263 ended in OUM 143-144), the remaining ones were not published (hence the notes in the .txt files).

Where R-i-t-R did not actually get into the meat of the ROM contents along the way, I have omitted them from the pullout-keep sections uploaded above.

Issue 145 of OUM (the last) had "Rambling In The Past", with a mention of Louise and her now legendary thighs, and a hope that it would continue in Rhetoric. I don't think it appeared in the 25 issues of Rhetoric at all.

If you find out otherwise, do let me know :)
Steve M
Squad Leader

Post by Steve M »

No, we got no contributions from Jon or Peter Bragg so Rhetoric never benefitted from the mighty pillars that propped up OUM.
Jon had less time, I think once he became a judge.