Le Palais des Glaces

Want to talks about games you like, would like to see developed on the Oric, it's here.
coolman66
Flying Officer

Le Palais des Glaces

Post by coolman66 »

Going through my problem games , has anyone heard of a game ive got on my oricutron folder called "GLACES"it seems to consist of1 16 relitively small file on disk it doesnt auto run and while it seems to consist of "SCR"files it has 2 more normal files called "BONJOUR.com and 1 called "GLACES.bas" neather seems to run the other files , any ideas of what im doing wrong ? , you guys have helped before , i hope you can again many thanks . Coolman66
Symoon
Archivist

Re: Le Palais des Glaces

Post by Symoon »

If I'm not mistaken, BONJOUR.COM is the auto-start file for the Telestrat. So maybe you got a Telestrat program there?
When you load the BAS file (LOAD"GLACES.BAS") then LIST it, do you see a classic Basic listing?
coolman66
Flying Officer

Post by coolman66 »

To be short and to the point ,yes ,it looks to me like any program basic listing , when I !load the files with a "scr" extension it loads a maze type screen but with the maze consisting of "£" or some other character at the bottom of the screen is the text " Palace of Glaces ", but I will try the Telestrat option , thanks PS I have not tried to see if it is writtenin basic !
coolman66
Flying Officer

Post by coolman66 »

Been playing around with this game and one thing I've found is the Author is " Alain Lemoine "
The software House is " ORIC'LAND "1990 it's full and proper title is " LE PALAIS DES GLACES "
I have loaded the title screen and it looks very nice plus I've managed to load all the individual file with Oricutron so I'm assuming it just not Just Auto running and as a non technical person I don't know how to solve this ? Any clues ?
Steve M
Squad Leader

Post by Steve M »

There's a Dsk image in the Gamebase files (in the P folder). I've never come across this game - does anyone know where it came from???

Anyway the problem spotted by David Hall (on the facebook page) is that it doesn't work. I've had a look and tried to see if I can do anything but it's got me stumped. The BASIC file doesn't seem to do anything. i.e it won't list.

Is it just a corrupt disk - is there any working version anyone has?
Attachments
GLACES.DSK
(1.21 MiB) Downloaded 206 times
peacer
Flight Lieutenant

Post by peacer »

I managed to run it with oricutron's telestrat hardware option selected :)

It looks like hidden maze game.. Can't figure it out..