Oric repairs

In this forum you can write about anything that does not fit in other forums.
This includes generic Oric talkings and things that are totaly unrelated but want to share with people here :)
coolman66
Flying Officer

Oric repairs

Post by coolman66 »

A proble some new Oric owners and some that might who might have had theirs a while is if you any problems with the ORICS is is there in their respective countries any recommended repairers I have googled the UK sites and seen two that stand out one in the south of England " Mutant Caterpillar " I think it may be called and another in the North East whose name I don't know ? , any English Oric owners have any experience of repairs done by commercial companies and is it the same in Europe ?
tgrimwood
1st Star Corporal

Re: Oric repairs

Post by tgrimwood »

My Atmos is currently with Mutant Caterpillar for repair. I'll report back on the service once it is repaired.
coolman66
Flying Officer

Post by coolman66 »

Thanks for your feedback , professional repairers are thin on the ground for. ORICS I think it nice to know your Oric can be repaired instead of being thrown out !
tgrimwood
1st Star Corporal

Post by tgrimwood »

Update. So it has been repaired. Apparently, it was a motherboard quality issue. No component needed replacing but careful soldering was required. Ian socketed the important chips, just in case.