Forgotten software

Want to talks about games you like, would like to see developed on the Oric, it's here.
coolman66
Flying Officer

Forgotten software

Post by coolman66 »

I'm still rumaging through my software on my PC and still finding problematic program , The fist is one that I've nor seen anywere is called"Le Hero de San Jose " which seems to be missing a file and the other is " MINOS " which loads then when picking the difficulty level the screen goes black though the program seems to be running according the frame rate you can see when running it on ORICUTRON , any solutions ?
Symoon
Archivist

Re: Forgotten software

Post by Symoon »

Minos is an early game and Oric.org says Oric-1. Did you try with ROM 1.0?
coolman66
Flying Officer

Post by coolman66 »

Tried the Oric 1 mode , same result , strange as I said the game still seems to be running according to the litte numbers running at the bottom the screen when using Oricutron ?
Steve M
Squad Leader

Post by Steve M »

It's a BASIC prog so you can easily Break in to it and have a look.
Line 36 is INK 0
I'm not sure how this is supposed to work? It appears to show only some of the screen at a time. I'm not sure if that is what it's supposed to be like??

But if you use CTRL C at the start to Break into the prog and type 36 (Return), it'll let you see what's happening a bit.
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

Actually for Minos, on the black screen, you just have to press an arrow key to begin the game.
coolman66
Flying Officer

Post by coolman66 »

Thanks a lot guys , it's 11/35 I'm of to bed soon will try it tomorrow , the 2nd part of my question Hero de San Jose looks like a nice program according to its first screen but that's as far as it gets anyone seen the complete game ,should say it a French Adventure I think and I've never seen it mentioned anywere a real mystery ?
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

It seems to be a game published in the 80's magazine "Jeux et Stratégies" (not a computer game, a kind of board game).
http://fr.1001mags.com/parution/jeux-st ... e-integral

I seem to recall someone on a forum promoting it for Oric many years ago, but I don't think it was ever finished or released. Where did you hear of that game?
Steve M
Squad Leader

Post by Steve M »

Ah yes, it works with Oric-1 hardware - but you just get the black screen with the default Atmos setting.

It seems a bit buggy. Some doors have me coming out in the middle of a wall and one sent me to the middle of the outer boundary.

Has anyone got the original listing so we can proof read it?
coolman66
Flying Officer

Post by coolman66 »

Symoon wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:39 am It seems to be a game published in the 80's magazine "Jeux et Stratégies" (not a computer game, a kind of board game).

I seem to recall someone on a forum promoting it for Oric many years ago, but I don't think it was ever finished or released. Where did you hear of that game?
Ive had my ORIC since the very beginning, and while I am not a technical person I love seeing all the great programs from France and elseware so tried to contact people by post in computer magazines for swops etc , since isolating myself I’ve been looking through my files and come upon a program called “ Le Hero de SAN Jose “ which consist of 1 file but should have at least 2 it says the Author is a man called “ Wilfred Avrillon “ I dowloaded the file according to my PC on the 26 July 2007 I don’t know weather this helps but there it is ,I’d love to find the second file !
kenneth
Squad Leader

Post by kenneth »

coolman66 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:17 pm
Symoon wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:39 am It seems to be a game published in the 80's magazine "Jeux et Stratégies" (not a computer game, a kind of board game).

Ive had my ORIC since the very beginning, and while I am not a technical person I love seeing all the great programs from France and elseware so tried to contact people by post in computer magazines for swops etc , since isolating myself I’ve been looking through my files and come upon a program called “ Le Hero de SAN Jose “ which consist of 1 file but should have at least 2 it says the Author is a man called “ Wilfred Avrillon “ I dowloaded the file according to my PC on the 26 July 2007 I don’t know weather this helps but there it is ,I’d love to find the second file !
I think that Waskol began this project but didn't finished it.