ORIC SDCARD

This is the right place to discuss on how to implement hardware vsync, adding a VIA or AY chipset, puting multiple roms, or how to design a new flash expansion card.
Mustangus
Officer Cadet

Re: ORIC SDCARD

Post by Mustangus »

Well u might think the case is boring. Perhaps I should make it look like the Eiffel tower. As I am working two jobs I don't have to much time to spare to create a master piece.
kaydav
Officer Cadet

Post by kaydav »

Looks great :D
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

Mustangus wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:04 am Well u might think the case is boring. Perhaps I should make it look like the Eiffel tower. As I am working two jobs I don't have to much time to spare to create a master piece.
I totally understand that, time is a very valuable resource :)

I've never done 3D printing, but I assume you have some 3D model "specs" used in some standard format that the printer produces?
If that's the case, maybe share it there, and if somebody else has experience with 3D modeling they could do something more fancy, which I guess from a printer point of view is the same?

As for myself, I'm fine with a complete black box, I'm also fine with a black and red box that matches the Oric, but ultimately what matters is that the thing work and we can use it :D
ibisum
Wing Commander

Post by ibisum »

Oh, I don't mean to be too critical, sorry .. just saying, if you have your opportunity to engrave your name in it, in red, seems like a worthy place to do it. ;)
Mustangus
Officer Cadet

Post by Mustangus »

I'll see if I can get a label made with the oric logo and erebus on it. Like I do with my other carts I do for the Atari. They don't cost much and it might liven it up a bit. But I would rather get the boards and cases done so you can use them.
ibisum
Wing Commander

Post by ibisum »

Tooootally agree. ;) If you have the case model in OpenSCAD format by any chance, I could maybe help with plonking a logo/artwork in there ..
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

I don't care much about the case design.
But please avoid the Eiffel Tower, I see it almost every day and I don't have enough room in my small flat ;)
Mustangus
Officer Cadet

Post by Mustangus »

Sorry guys the Eiffel tower will have to go cant print it high enough.
I have used fusion 360 for my case. There is a little bit of an update on the case thou. Its got the oric logo and erebus on it.

The final price on this for you guys is £20 plus P+P for your country. I would rather do tracked and especially in Germany as parcels tend to get lost there. As i have experiences of parcels going to the parcel shop but no card left or wrong address even thou its the right address.
Attachments
Erebus.jpg
Erebus.jpg (1.65 MiB) Viewed 7457 times
kenneth
Squad Leader

Post by kenneth »

The Eiffel Tower is the result of financial malfeasance between the mayor and the architect. So it's not a work of art. I prefer the box.
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

Very nice box ;)
Cool price.
I'm in for one.
Mustangus
Officer Cadet

Post by Mustangus »

Production has started. :)
Attachments
production.jpg
production.jpg (2.99 MiB) Viewed 7428 times
kenneth
Squad Leader

Post by kenneth »

Congratulations, it's fast. 8)
Stevenbanner
Private

Post by Stevenbanner »

I'm new to this but would really love one of these for my Oric 1 and Oric Atmos. The tape loading noise is driving my wife crazy. :D
kaydav
Officer Cadet

Post by kaydav »

This is so exciting! I'm in for one, please let us know how, when and how much to pay when you are ready to send. :thumbsup: :D
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

I'm in for one device as well.
Would it make sense to do like for Cumulus and have a dedicated thread for the orders, with the list of people updated over time so it's easy to keep track of who's ordered, who's received, etc...?

As far as I can see, right now we have clear requests from myself plus the following:
- Symoon
- coco.oric
- Ibissum
- fandenivoldsk
- kaydav
- Stevenbanner

Comments but no clear requests from:
- nigelr0
- chema