ORIC SDCARD

This is the right place to discuss on how to implement hardware vsync, adding a VIA or AY chipset, puting multiple roms, or how to design a new flash expansion card.
Symoon
Archivist

Re: ORIC SDCARD

Post by Symoon »

Chema wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:11 am I was thinking on a patched ROM that trapped the CLOAD command and could read a tap file on a sedoric disk.
(...)
Seems doable?
I suspect the problem would be that some TAP files will use page 4, or RAM locations used by the Sedoric system.
Certainly doable, but the loaded programs might crash the system (or the system crash the program).
kenneth
Squad Leader

Post by kenneth »

In my project, the RAM overlay is not available. I don't now how Sedoric works but if it is not writing in the RAM overlay for its management, I can store it in the bank 1 for example. The first CLOAD instruction will make appear the window to choose a TAP file or a disc. When a disc must be swapped after we can use a secret key code like FUNCT CTRL to show the window again with DSK files but without TAP files.
kenneth
Squad Leader

Post by kenneth »

Dbug wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:24 am Since you have freebanks, you could probably have both the Oric 1 and Oric Atmos versions of the ROM and allow the user to boot in Oric 1 or Oric Atmos mode, and have the games flagged as compatible with specific versions of the ROM, would make Atmos users allow to play Oric 1 games, and Oric 1 (or Telestrat?) users to play Atmos only games :)
This is doable with a small switch on the pcb to force the computer to start in ORIC-1 mode or with a routine called with a pre-programmed "!" vector.
kenneth
Squad Leader

Post by kenneth »

For using a better compatible gerber file, I have updated the DIY link. :wink:
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

Just a quick note. In the Spanish forum Retrowiki, a user just launched a batch of 15 cards with components with the info Kenneth provided and all of them were reserved in a few hours. I even missed it!

I just can't believe the price is under 8 euros! (unmounted) but the list was complete even before knowing it.
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

Argh! :(
Crazy! Well done Kenneth, and thanks for letting us know Chema, hoping further batch will come ;)
Mustangus
Officer Cadet

Post by Mustangus »

If anyone is interested i have just ordered 30 pcb's and parts. I have an ebay site called 8bit-Tronics.
Will offer here first if anybody is interested. I will probably make a 3d printed case for it aswell
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

I would be interested in one, if it was fully built, tested and ready to use: My ability to solder things has led to the destruction of many pieces of hardware, so now I try to avoid that :)
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

Interested, too, same as Dbug.
Depends a bit on the price + shipping cost too, if you already have an idea?
Mustangus
Officer Cadet

Post by Mustangus »

It will be fully tested and I'm sure I can do a good price for this group. Havn't worked out the price yet but will be somewhere between £20 to £25 plus postage. Will work out when I get time later.
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

Thanks for the info ;)
Sounds great :)
coco.oric
Squad Leader

Post by coco.oric »

f anyone is interested i have just ordered 30 pcb's and parts. I have an ebay site called 8bit-Tronics.
Will offer here first if anybody is interested. I will probably make a 3d printed case for it aswell
Good, i'm interested in 2 if possible. At least one.
Could be solded or not and the 3d printed case is a very good idea
coco.oric as DidierV, CEO Member
Historic owner of Oric, Apple II, Atari ST, Amiga
Mustangus
Officer Cadet

Post by Mustangus »

Ok Boards are now on there way to sunny UK. Will let you know when everything has arrived.
ibisum
Wing Commander

Post by ibisum »

Count me in, I will take at least two ..
nigelr0
1st Star Corporal

Post by nigelr0 »

This looks good! Couple of questions though, unless I've missed the information somewhere is this a read only device or can it write back? Reason for asking is that on some TAP adventure games allow you to save where you got to so can this do it? Secondly is this unit accept TAP and DSK files?