Oricutron Software Categories

Comments, problems, suggestions about Oric emulators (Euphoric, Mess, Amoric, etc...) it's the right place to ask. And don't hesitate to give your tips and tricks that help using these emulations in the best possible way on your favorite operating system.
coolman66
Flying Officer

Oricutron Software Categories

Post by coolman66 »

Is it possible to catogorize different types of games when using Oricutron it either comes up with a window for tapes or a window for disk,s but as I use my PC for playing games on there I have my games in specific catogorize e.g text adventures, graphic adventures , arcade educational games ,demos , etc , I would like to have specific folders / pages for each type .?
Dbug
Site Admin

Re: Oricutron Software Categories

Post by Dbug »

Moved from General to Emulators, and Renamed from "Oricutron" to "Oricutron Software Categories"
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

Can't you simply create folders with categoires inside the 'tapes' or 'disks' folders? Maybe with symlinks if needed...

I don't think Oricutron can do that. Maybe what you need is a front end. Oricutron can be called as a usual command with parameters, so it should be easy to do.
iss
Wing Commander

Post by iss »

I fully agree with Chema!
Oricutron is portable across wide range of platforms and having such functionality will be not easy for support (although it's possible).
Better solution is to use a front-end like Gamebase Oric V1.00 - the 3-parts archive is still available for download.
After unpacking you can update the emulator replacing it with more recent version.
Another option is OricJoy, but it's more intended for joystick support.
retroric
Pilot Officer

Post by retroric »

+1 for the Oric Gamebase as suggested by iss, this is the perfect answer to coolman66's needs.

Just a remark though, the latest version of the Oric gamebase is v3.0 -- see the following topic:
http://forum.defence-force.org/viewtopi ... =20&t=1207

Not sure if the download link still works though... If needed, I have a copy of this version of the gamebase that I could share as a Github repository, that would be a future-proof solution I reckon, much better than 4shared :)

EDIT: the mirrored version of Gamebase 3.0 by peacer is still available on Mega:
https://mega.nz/#!9YQjGIxC!HyKc16TVHhxl ... vWDFsLXpbU
flag_fr RetrOric, aka laurentd75 flag_uk
            GitHub - RetrOric