Jasmin/FTDOS to Microdisc/Sedoric

Anything related to the tools Tap2Wav, Tap2CD, Tap2Dsk, Sedoric Disc Manager, Tape Header Creator, WriteDsk, and generaly speaking tools related to the management of Oric data files and devices.
Dbug
Site Admin

Jasmin/FTDOS to Microdisc/Sedoric

Post by Dbug »

Last year I got hold of a pack of 3" floppies with Oric software on it, that I did not manage to read on my Oric.

Then I found out that one of the floppies was a FTDOS 3.2 system disk, so I assume that the other floppies are also using FTDos.
EDIT: There was also a T-DOS 2-2 (Face A: Atmos, Face B: Oric 1) floppy at the bottom, so that may be a mix...)

Is there a way to convert these to Sedoric format so I can check the content? Would be a shame to just reformat them without checking, there may be interesting stuff on them.
Symoon
Archivist

Re: Jasmin/FTDOS to Microdisc/Sedoric

Post by Symoon »

If you still got a PC with a FDC, you can still try and read them with Readdsk. That seems like the most straightforward solution.

I seem to recall there was a software to read disks from a system to another (someone showed this at a metting but I was busy discussing elsewhere), but I can't recall if it was Sedoric reading FTDos disks, or the reverse. I don't know if this has been published. It's worth taking a look at some old Theoric, I would be suprised if this subject hadn't been adressed in the past.
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

Some time ago I asked about info on the Jasmin FT Dos format, so it could be supported I. Oric Explorer for those owning a Jasmin. If you find anything, please let me know.
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

C'mon guys! I can't believe nobody has information about this...

Also, I wrote in another thread about Blake's 7 not running on real Jasmin (it does on emulators). I think iss had some ideas, but I could not get more tests and I don't have a Jasmin myself. Please, iss, if you had some idea about what could be wrong, tell us. And if someone could make the tests for us, that would be great!
iss
Wing Commander

Post by iss »

@Chema, my thoughts are pure guesses so I need first to confirm by testing that my modifications in Jasmin read/write code in FloppyBuilder are working then it will be easy to synchronize with your code.
I just talked with jorodr and he really promised to try to find his Jasmin drive so there is good chance to have such drive in my hands soon for testing.

Else, I'm asking my self, if there is nobody with Jasmin drive or if there is zero interest of it then is it worth to support it ? :?
I'm joking of course :) everything is to have fun with the Oric and will manage it somehow sooner or later! ;)
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

Yeah, it's one of my many started things... I've been spreading myself thin, these days I'm trying to get the compiler patches from Fabrice integrated into the OSDK...