New (corrected) version of tap2cd

Anything related to the tools Tap2Wav, Tap2CD, Tap2Dsk, Sedoric Disc Manager, Tape Header Creator, WriteDsk, and generaly speaking tools related to the management of Oric data files and devices.
dave3622
Flying Officer

Re: New (corrected) version of tap2cd

Post by dave3622 »

Chema wrote:Okay, another try.

I got a version of tap2wav from august 2007 (I think with some modifications from Symoon?) and I recompiled it. It seems to work on my 64bit machine, so...
tap2wav2.zip
Anyway I mentioned the idea about mess, because it seems to produce a good wave from the tap file (so basically using it as a player).

With your comments about noise... well you must get rid of it or else, yes, loading will hardly work. Can't imagine what could cause such electromagnetic interference... You could check the pin soldering in the cable or something like that, but can't imagine the Oric as the source..

May a bad or inexistant connection to ground in the socket where the Oric PSU is connected create trouble? I imagine an unstable ground signal with oscillations of several volts... If you connect the Oric to a PC connected to power, be sure to plug them on the same socket (using an plug socket extension).
Just tried using this in 'DOSbox' and got the message that this program doesn't work in DOS. I then tried just clicking on the icon and nothing happens. AARRGGHHH!!!!
Chema
Game master

Re: New (corrected) version of tap2cd

Post by Chema »

Keep calm... Open a console (cmd) and run it from there as a command line tool. Same options as the original.