IJK-egopad the joypad for Oric by [raxiss]

This is the right place to discuss on how to implement hardware vsync, adding a VIA or AY chipset, puting multiple roms, or how to design a new flash expansion card.
Chema
Game master

Re: IJK-egopad the joypad for Oric by [raxiss]

Post by Chema »

Hmmm Oricium needs a Jump button...
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

A few more, from memory:
- Harrier Attarck alos requires a second button (fire on planes or drop bombs). With the PASE interface and the Joystick Adapter program, it required a second joystick, just to fire ;)
- Xenon-1 could also bee considered requiring a 2nd button to call the refuel level. I can't recall how/if this was handeled with PASE.
kenneth
Squad Leader

Post by kenneth »

I made an experimental adapter for the Amstrad computer's Joystick, two fire buttons are available for Oric, it is compatible with IJK joystick games. I'll show it at the next GoogleMeet.
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

What did I do!

Suggesting a second button /o\

:D
iss
Wing Commander

Post by iss »

First post updated!
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

Great news!

Will it be possible to order the interface only at some point in the future? I already have loads of old joysticks :mrgreen:
iss
Wing Commander

Post by iss »

Symoon wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:54 pmWill it be possible to order the interface only at some point in the future?
Sure! The stock is full.
We find some unexpected limitations with eBay - no more than 2 listings, the availability - no more than 5 pcs, etc. :shock:
Probably because the store is new and hasn't any feedback. Facebook's AI is tricky too - if you post words like "store", "sell", links or even a picture which is on eBay, it transform your simple post to their Marketplace as sale :!:

I really hope everyone who gets one to be satisfied.

@Symoon: I've fixed 'The Ultra' - you can fire while moving, also I fixed the 'Hall of Fame' because it was broken ('UUUU' instead of spaces) - this bug exist in the game on oric.org which I used as basis for porting to IJK.
xahmol
Flight Lieutenant

Post by xahmol »

Ordered!
By the way: can I find instructions or libraries anywhere to program for supporting IJK?
coco.oric
Squad Leader

Post by coco.oric »

Hi all
Why don't you have launched some sells with paypal friends process, to reduce costs
coco.oric as DidierV, CEO Member
Historic owner of Oric, Apple II, Atari ST, Amiga
iss
Wing Commander

Post by iss »

xahmol wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:55 pmOrdered! By the way: can I find instructions or libraries anywhere to program for supporting IJK?
Thank you for support!
In Defence force's Wiki has sample code and description.
In this my post you can find sample source code and a bug-fix.
If needed I'm ready to help :).
coco.oric wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:16 pmWhy don't you have launched some sells with paypal friends process, to reduce costs.
Our wish is that everything is legal too. Using eBay gives important protection for buyers.
xahmol
Flight Lieutenant

Post by xahmol »

iss wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:48 pm In this my post you can find sample source code and a bug-fix.
Thanks! That helps! (to do list poject is move my BASIC projects to C while also implementing joystick at least for controlling the menu structure. The code looks like something I can follow and implement)
xahmol
Flight Lieutenant

Post by xahmol »

By the way: now IJK seems to be much more standard with all developments, would it be an idea to actually include this code in the standard OSDK libs?
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

iss wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:11 pm @Symoon: I've fixed 'The Ultra' - you can fire while moving, also I fixed the 'Hall of Fame' because it was broken ('UUUU' instead of spaces) - this bug exist in the game on oric.org which I used as basis for porting to IJK.
Thanks a lot!
Ah yes, the version on Oric.org seems to be yet another early-a-bit-crappy transfer - anything that has ".TAP" in its loading name is suspect anyway ;)
I've updated it with a transfer that should be better - based on the original tape and error-checked. (which doesn't mean error-free as Oric error detection is not perfect, of couse, but I've done my best!)

Edit: actually I see another thing with The Ultra: on 2nd level, when shooting the single alien at the left, the ship is safe if staying left (tested with both old Oric.org version and mine). But with the IJK version, the ship can go full left but doesn't remain there if the left joystick button is released: the ship moves one square to the right.
Doesn't change much the gaming, but just in case it could help finding something to fix somewhere.
mikeb
Flight Lieutenant

Post by mikeb »

coco.oric wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:16 pm Hi all
Why don't you have launched some sells with paypal friends process, to reduce costs
Further to the answer given by @iss, using Paypal "Send payment to my friend" to pay for goods and services is a red-flag for lots of people, it is the hallmark of scammers and conmen who have no intent to provide any goods or services *and* there's nothing suckers, er, buyers can do about it because "gifting money to your trusted friend" has no Buyer Protection under Paypal, and cannot be reversed -- unlike a goods/service transaction where proof of delivery etc. comes into it.

Best avoided for avoidance of doubt/suspicion :)
Last edited by mikeb on Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

xahmol wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:57 am By the way: now IJK seems to be much more standard with all developments, would it be an idea to actually include this code in the standard OSDK libs?
That's not a bad idea, if something has some proper clean project that does that, could probably be added, with the joystick code in the libs, and how to use it in a sample program.