ORIC SDCARD

This is the right place to discuss on how to implement hardware vsync, adding a VIA or AY chipset, puting multiple roms, or how to design a new flash expansion card.
kenneth
Squad Leader

Re: ORIC SDCARD

Post by kenneth »

I can't wait to see the finished case. 8) 8)
protek
Pilot Officer

Post by protek »

I got the bottom half printed. This is actually the second attempt. The first one warped itself from the bed plus I had to make some adjustments into the model.

kenneth
Squad Leader

Post by kenneth »

Magnificent! 8) 8) 8)
protek
Pilot Officer

Post by protek »

Thanks! I’m really happy with how it turned out. Of course, the case could’ve been a bit deeper, as the SD card module is sticking out from the back. I had to go with a guesstimate in regards of that when I was modeling the case. I still need to find some suitable self-tapping screws to put the case together and to fasten the Erebus board.
mmu_man
Flight Lieutenant

Post by mmu_man »

I'm still not too fond of 3D printing for such cases but I must admit it looks way better than the Cumulus already!
But why put the SD slot at the bottom and not on the top part (at the red-black junction)?
On the other end I the blue SD part protruding from the Cumulus doesn't look that nice either…
mmu_man
Flight Lieutenant

Post by mmu_man »

You know there are black versions of the HE10 :-)
protek
Pilot Officer

Post by protek »

mmu_man wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:38 pm I'm still not too fond of 3D printing for such cases but I must admit it looks way better than the Cumulus already!
But why put the SD slot at the bottom and not on the top part (at the red-black junction)?
On the other end I the blue SD part protruding from the Cumulus doesn't look that nice either…
Truth be told, I had to base the depth of the case on an educated guess as I didn’t have the SD card module at hand at the time I was modeling the case. Hence, it’s protruding. Also, in hindsight, I did realize it would’ve made more sense to put the whole card the other way around with the connector in the back and the card reader in the front. I might design a version 2.0 at some point. For now, the current version will suffice for me.
protek
Pilot Officer

Post by protek »

mmu_man wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:46 pm You know there are black versions of the HE10 :-)
Undoubtedly, but there’s no Digikey around where I live. :) The local store has only these light blue ones.
mmu_man
Flight Lieutenant

Post by mmu_man »

protek wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:55 pm Truth be told, I had to base the depth of the case on an educated guess as I didn’t have the SD card module at hand at the time I was modeling the case. Hence, it’s protruding. Also, in hindsight, I did realize it would’ve made more sense to put the whole card the other way around with the connector in the back and the card reader in the front. I might design a version 2.0 at some point. For now, the current version will suffice for me.
Still quite cute this way :-)
protek wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:56 pm Undoubtedly, but there’s no Digikey around where I live. :) The local store has only these light blue ones.
That was just an example. I actually started ordering some parts from aliexpress, that's way cheaper, and you can find things like pre-moulded barrel jack + cable that saves a lot of work. Although I'd probably still get some chips from RS or Digikey, even if they likely come from the same source anyway.
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

I've been toying with loading a TAP file from a DSK based system, (ie: Erebus running on a Cumulus), but I seem to upset the BASIC, probably because I've not setup all the addresses properly.

Is there an actual list of which page zero/page 2 variables have to be set to make the Oric BASIC happy?
ibisum
Wing Commander

Post by ibisum »

There is, in the "Oric Advanced User Guide", page 260, Appendix C and D, a list of all vars used in Page 0 and Page 2 by the Oric ROM .. Perhaps the better approach would be 'restore all of them'?
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

Actually manage to fix it, I had 2a9/2ab/2aa/2ac inverted (for some reason the tape header address is in big endian in the tape format)
ibisum
Wing Commander

Post by ibisum »

Argh, hton() and ntoh() ..
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

Haven't coded in a while so I forgot a bit, but Novalight sets everything so an ASM or Basic program auto-runs fine on both ROM 1.1 or ROM 1.0 (with ROM calls though). The code is probably a bit compact and not easy to read, but at least it worked ;)
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

Symoon wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:06 pm Haven't coded in a while so I forgot a bit, but Novalight sets everything so an ASM or Basic program auto-runs fine on both ROM 1.1 or ROM 1.0 (with ROM calls though). The code is probably a bit compact and not easy to read, but at least it worked ;)
Do you have a link to the latest version?