Oric ROM wanted

If you want to ask questions about how the machine works, peculiar details, the differences between models, here it is !
How to program the oric hardware (VIA, FDC, ...) is also welcome.
Vyper68
Flying Officer

Oric ROM wanted

Post by Vyper68 »

Does anyone have a V1.1 or V1.0 ROM they will part with?

I currently have an EPROM and won’t be able to use my Cumana interface with it due to the ROMDIS signal.
Oric Extended Basic V1.1
(C) 1983 Tangerine
37631 Bytes Free
Chema
Game master

Re: Oric ROM wanted

Post by Chema »

You'd probably hang me, but I kept my original Oric-1 ROM in a drawer for years, and only recently lost it. No idea where on Earth it is..

This being said, there is a trick to be able to use an EPROM with a disk unit. It required some hardware doing, but nothing too difficult IIRC. Search a bit around the forum and you'll surely find it.
Vyper68
Flying Officer

Post by Vyper68 »

I have read some details on fitting a LS00 to IC11 and cutting a track, Ideally I would rather have a real V1.1 or a V1.0 as I had fitted the Mod to stop the AY getting damaged prior to fixing the Oric.
I will keep looking and asking as I will always be useful to have one....

Does the Pravetz ROM work in Oric-1's and can it use a Microdisc or Cumana Disk Interface???
Oric Extended Basic V1.1
(C) 1983 Tangerine
37631 Bytes Free
iss
Wing Commander

Post by iss »

Vyper68 wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 2:30 pm Does the Pravetz ROM work in Oric-1's and can it use a Microdisc or Cumana Disk Interface???
Yes, Pravetz ROM works with any controller. But it's actually exact copy of early Atmos ROM (1.1). Differences are only:
- not fixed CLOAD/CSAVE routines
- Cyrillic chars in place of small Latin letters
- keyboard translation table.

Better use the real Atmos ROM (1.1b). If you need really Cyrillic chars you can always load them 'dynamically' from TAP or from disk file.