Looking for a Microdisc version of Loritel

This is the best place to discuss about the various Oric operating systems like Sedoric, Randos, FT-Dos, and others, as well as serious software, utilities, word processors, disassemblers, etc... that runs on oric computers.
Dbug
Site Admin

Looking for a Microdisc version of Loritel

Post by Dbug »

I've been trying to prepare a series of videos about "Oric and Telecoms", and that had led me to acquire some analog modems and VoIP adapters, some French Minitel terminals, some rs232<->minitel cables, got up my Telestrat up and running, etc...

Thanks to the heroic efforts of a few persons we now have a cracked version of the Tape version of Loritel which worked fine and that I even managed to get to talk to my Oric, but unfortunately I was not able to find a disk version of Loritel.

Of course, the TAP version can be loaded from a DSK or even from Erebus, but the whole point is to be able to create, save and reload a videotex server structure with pages and interactions, and doing that with the tape version of Loritel is a real pain.

So the question is: Does anyone has a version of Loritel that runs from disk, and can load and save all the data from disk as well?
AtomeX
Private

Re: Looking for a Microdisc version of Loritel

Post by AtomeX »

Hi Dbug,

I have bin version and also basic version in jasmin dsk.
Try to find if it's the good version.
Regards.

Cyril
Attachments
DSKA000x_Utilitaires_2_2_.dsk
(512.75 KiB) Downloaded 171 times
AtomeX
Private

Post by AtomeX »

A basic version, I d'ont know what is it.
Regards
Attachments
3_Utilitaires_4_hfe_dsk.dsk
(512.75 KiB) Downloaded 170 times
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

So I tried the two versions, selecting JASMIN and SHIFT+F4 in Oricutron.

The "3_Utilitaires_4_hfe_dsk" crashes on BOOTING TDOS at address $448, but I'm using the Oricutron 1.2 from the OSDK, and I see that the name contains "hfe_dsk" so I guess it maybe the bug that was fixed yesterday?

The "DSKA000x_Utilitaires_2_2_.dsk" does boot properly, I can !CAT"" to see the content, which shows me a M.BAS menu and a LORITEL.BIN, trying to load either (!"LORITEL" or !"M" followed by "E" in the menu) results in the same white screen with a blinking cursor which is what Loritel is doing on the real machine when the minitel is not connected... so I guess all I need is to extract the LORITEL.BIN from the DSK... except it's a Jasmin floppy, which means I could not use it anyway because I don't have a Jasmin drive, and if the loading and saving code was fixed to work on Jasmin, it would not work on Microdisc anyway :-/

Thanks at least for trying!

EDIT: Changed the title to specify Microdisc instead of disk, because indeed that was ambiguous.
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

Again the problems with Jasmin... we would need a tool for converting disks / extracting files. I asked the author of Oric DSK manager, but he had no info on the filesystem structure. I could not find any complete documentation either... :(
AtomeX
Private

Post by AtomeX »

Good morning,

This dsk 3_Utilitaires_4_hfe_dsk is not bootable you have to boot with the first disk, but anyway.

I extracted the file Loritel.bin start at #87FD, end # BB80 and Loritel1 and 2 the basic version in txt and tap, you can cload and copy to your Microdisc.

Regards.
Attachments
Archive.zip
(45.13 KiB) Downloaded 160 times