glOric - a Fast 3D Engine for C and Assembler projects

Since we do not have native C compilers on the Oric, this forum will be mostly be used by people using CC65 or the OSDK. But any general C related post will be welcome !
rax
Flying Officer

Re: glOric - a Fast 3D Engine for C and Assembler projects

Post by rax »

Yes that is me :).

You did great. I think it's a good approach to use the top for graphics so you earn an extra 4k of ram :)

From the code here: "https://github.com/oric-software/BattleZone4Oric", i think it's not a good idea to use multiplication and division directly. Use mapping for everything (tables).

Operators to display text on the screen (print, printf) are quite slow. Don't use them if you want speed. Аnd one more time: use mapping for everything (with the mapping I achieved very good results) :)

I think it has worked out quite well so far. I look forward to playing this game.
jbperin
Flight Lieutenant

Post by jbperin »

Waou rax :shock:

I visited your git repositories and I felt in love with :
- your engine.c mecanism .. :o That's exactly what I miss to animate some moving object in the 3D world I create.
- your H3 ilb .. It's what I was missing to put the sonar in the text part of the screen .. This lib is a marvel !!

Can I use some of your jewel to give life to my forthcoming oric software production ?
rax
Flying Officer

Post by rax »

Yes, you can use everything :)

I opened a new topic for the h3 library here: https://forum.defence-force.org/viewtop ... 24&p=23502
jbperin
Flight Lieutenant

Post by jbperin »

rax wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:24 pm Yes, you can use everything :)

I opened a new topic for the h3 library here: https://forum.defence-force.org/viewtop ... 24&p=23502
Thank you.

I've just started working on a prototype consisting in integrating a H3 canvas within a glOric viewport
GLH32023-02-18-15153897.gif
GLH32023-02-18-15153897.gif (461.26 KiB) Viewed 1313 times
Beware: Video recorded with overclock * 2
jbperin
Flight Lieutenant

Post by jbperin »

glOric v1.4 is released.

This release brings:
  • fast shape loading routine glLoadShape in assembly language so that the scene can be build dynamically at each frame.
  • sprite rendering routine in assembly language glDrawSprite makes it possible to render sprites (sets of characters) in glOric inner zbuffer.
  • routines for glOric canvas saving/restoring
jbperin
Flight Lieutenant

Post by jbperin »

Here is a little tool to ease glOric content creation.

It is a blender file (blend2gl.blend) that includes two exporters:
  • TraceCam.py with exports Camera trajectory along animation
  • export2glOric.py with exports shapes definition into a format compatible with the glOric's newly added shapeLoader
Exports are produced on standard output .. so think of opening Blender Console to see the result.

The archive also contains a ready to build OSDK project to render the exported shapes and camera animation in an Oric TAP file.
blend2gl.zip
(133.29 KiB) Downloaded 42 times