Serial/Parallel debug output

Since we do not have native C compilers on the Oric, this forum will be mostly be used by people using CC65 or the OSDK. But any general C related post will be welcome !
NekoNoNiaow
Flight Lieutenant

Serial/Parallel debug output

Post by NekoNoNiaow »

Hello,

I am looking for a way to output debug data generated from an ORIC program (any language, not just C) and which would be readable outside of the emulated Oric.
On the Amiga for example, it is possible to output log data to the serial bus where it can be intercepted/logged onto an external device, this allowed to use my family's "Minitel" terminal as a serial console for the Amiga which would be super useful for debugging (although I do not recall ever using it this way).

Are there any emulators which support serial output and would be able to save the result to a file or onto a console window?

(I realize this question would also be suited for the Emulators section but it also fits with programming.)
Dbug
Site Admin

Re: Serial/Parallel debug output

Post by Dbug »

Just use the printer output, both Euphoric and Oricutron save the content to a text file, I used that numerous time for things like profiling for example.

Looks for "PROFILER_USE_PRINTER" in this file: http://miniserve.defence-force.org/svn/ ... /profile.s
NekoNoNiaow
Flight Lieutenant

Re: Serial/Parallel debug output

Post by NekoNoNiaow »

Dbug wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:55 am Just use the printer output, both Euphoric and Oricutron save the content to a text file, I used that numerous time for things like profiling for example.

Looks for "PROFILER_USE_PRINTER" in this file: http://miniserve.defence-force.org/svn/ ... /profile.s
Oh, this is exactly what I want to use it for.

Thanks! \(^o^)/