Presentación.

In this forum you can write about anything that does not fit in other forums.
This includes generic Oric talkings and things that are totaly unrelated but want to share with people here :)
Magoric
Officer Cadet

Presentación.

Post by Magoric »

EDIT: Added "Google Translated" at the end.

Muy buenas a todos. Un poco sobre mi y esta fantástica máquina. El Oric 1 fue el primer ordenador que me compré, aunque no el primero que usé. Ayudé en aquellos tiempos a formar un "Club de Oric" en Tenerife, y nos reuníamos en el local que conseguimos, una vez por semana. Soy un absoluto entusiasta del Oric.

Aunque perdí el original, conseguí algunos modelos de 1 y Atmos con los que a día de hoy "cacharreo" y juego, especialmente en las reuniones (normalmente una vez al mes) de "CanariasGoRetro", asociación a la que pertenezco.

Actualmente trabajo en un compilador "multimáquina" cuya pretensión es crear un lenguaje de programación que genere código lo mas óptimo posible para 6502, Z80, 6800 y 68000. (Maquinas de 8 y 16 bits) y cuyo objetivo es poder unificar y simplificar el desarrollo de software (orientado esencialmente, aunque no unicamente a juegos). No tiene fecha de salida, pero avanza rápidamente.
Paralelamente, trabajo en un interfaz "multidisciplinar" para ORIC cuyo objetivo final es poder tener un dispositivo que integre varias características en un solo aparato. Solo le dedico parte de mi tiempo libre, por lo que el avance es muy limitado.

Por último, me gustaría darles las gracias por las veces que recabado información de este foro cuando la he necesitado. Espero colaborar aportando valor cada vez que me sea posible.
Hello to everyone. A bit about me and this fantastic machine. The Oric 1 was the first computer I bought myself, although not the first I used. In those days I helped to form a "Club de Oric" in Tenerife, and we would meet at the place we found once a week. I am an absolute fan of the Oric.

Although I lost the original, I got some 1 and Atmos models with which to this day I "tinker" and play, especially in the meetings (usually once a month) of "CanariasGoRetro", an association to which I belong.

Currently I am working on a "multi-machine" compiler whose aim is to create a programming language that generates the most optimal code possible for 6502, Z80, 6800 and 68000. (8 and 16-bit machines) and whose objective is to be able to unify and simplify development of software (oriented essentially, although not only games). It has no release date, but it is moving quickly.
At the same time, I work on a "multidisciplinary" interface for ORIC whose ultimate goal is to be able to have a device that integrates several features in a single device. I only dedicate part of my free time to it, so progress is very limited.

Finally, I would like to thank you for the times that I have collected information from this forum when I have needed it. I hope to collaborate adding value whenever possible.
EDIT: You can use translation if you want, or speak in spanish on private message, but please use English (even if automatically translated) so everybody can participate: We have people from France, Scandinavia, Eastern Europe, ... but we all use English as a common language.

Thanks
Last edited by Magoric on Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
HigashiJun
Flying Officer

Re: Presentación.

Post by HigashiJun »

¡Bienvenido a este foro!

Espero con impaciencia los resultados de tu trabajo.

:D
HigashiJun
jbperin
Flight Lieutenant

Post by jbperin »

Welcome Magoric,

Nice to meet you :-)

I've been a developer on Oric for one year now. Exploring real-time 3D topic.

See you soon :-)
Magoric
Officer Cadet

Post by Magoric »

Thanks, jbperin and Higashijun.

Sorry about the post in Spanish. I'm new. Many things to learn.
HigashiJun
Flying Officer

Post by HigashiJun »

Magoric wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:20 am Thanks, jbperin and Higashijun.

Sorry about the post in Spanish. I'm new. Many things to learn.
Yes, even for me...

:D
HigashiJun
6502Nerd
Pilot Officer

Post by 6502Nerd »

Interesting project! I have my same Oric-1 since 1983, and it still works well :-)

I have also been designing and implementing a programming language - I call it dflat :-D

Your project is very audacious, should be fun!

I am focussing on self-hosted languages - I like the feeling of switching the computer and starting to program from the Ready prompt... like we used to in the 1980s!

Cheers, 6502Nerd
kenneth
Squad Leader

Post by kenneth »

¡ Welcome !
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

Hey Magoric! You finally decided to register here!

You'll see this is THE forum for all things Oric. Welcome!
iss
Wing Commander

Post by iss »

Welcome Magoric!
Your "CanariasGoRetro" looks like great place with lot of fun :D .
rax
Flying Officer

Post by rax »

Welcome Magoric :)