CEO Meet Autumn 2020

In this forum you can write about anything that does not fit in other forums.
This includes generic Oric talkings and things that are totaly unrelated but want to share with people here :)
coco.oric
Squad Leader

Re: CEO Meet Autumn 2020

Post by coco.oric »

to have to click on the link to be online
nothing else
coco.oric as DidierV, CEO Member
Historic owner of Oric, Apple II, Atari ST, Amiga
coco.oric
Squad Leader

Post by coco.oric »

Hello,

Thanks for those who have attempt to the ceo meet yesterday.
May be we'll plan another one for december

So ...
Thanks for givin' some feedback as i think that there are some areas to improve
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

Will the meeting be available online for us to watch the parts we were not able to attend? :)
jbperin
Flight Lieutenant

Post by jbperin »

This meeting was very interesting. Presentations were very good level and I learnt lot of things thanks to them. It was a great pleasure to see attenders that I only knew by pseudo.

I'm looking forward next CEO meeting.

I wish jede and iss were there. I missed them.
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

I think one thing could really help in the presentation: Have the person supposed to present something test their setup (microphone, powerpoint, fullscreen, etc...) in advance, like for example the day before using the same google meet to make sure everything is working fine :)
coco.oric
Squad Leader

Post by coco.oric »

... je lui avait proposé (:
coco.oric
Squad Leader

Post by coco.oric »

Will the meeting be available online for us to watch the parts we were not able to attend?
Yes
I've recorded the meeting on 2 computers (with a different layout of google meet and some parts with the notebook ... but only parts.
So i should be able to present it soon. Today i'm put all files in the same format (1h30 on my 2700x with 1070ti as i've to change fps oops)
I'll try t obe quicker than last as the intro is already done

I'm using adobe premiere to produce the video, the titles
and after effects for the intro

Didier
ibisum
Wing Commander

Post by ibisum »

Was really cool to see you guys. I only stuck around for a few minutes, but it looked pretty intense.
xahmol
Flight Lieutenant

Post by xahmol »

Was very nice to join and learned some very useful things. Definately will be going to use Oric Explorer from now (I am relatively new in the Oric scene after my original Oric broke down when I was 14 or so.... Did not know of this tool yet).

Joystick interface looked cool, just trying to figuring out what the best option is as I am also on the list for a Twilighte board (status some testing needs to be done by Jede to verify it will actually work with my Oric Atmos board) and on the waiting list for a 8 bit Unity Hub. And as I understand, both actually already provide a joystick hub.

CrossLib looked cool (also because I was already interested in 8 bit Unity, bugt this one actually seems to support also my Spectrum at least, maybe also my TI-99/4a?). Would be great to try to port some of the old programs I programmed on my Commodore 64 and 128 to Oric and Spectrum. Most are board and strategy games requiring no Hires, so should be suitable candidates apart from the fact that screen UI would take serious redesign to cope for the lack on an 80 column mode that the C128D has on any other target machine.
Will take some time though as I never actually programmed in C. Did some C++ way back, but forgot most of it. And all my original listings where in BASIC so need converting if I am going to use C libraries.....

Only such a pity that I have so far not been able to relocate all my old programs I did on the Oric as teen.... Have some slim hope that those tapes are still in the attic of my parents somewhere but did not find them yet. So far did find all my Commodore floppy disks, but not my Oric and Spectrum tapes.
My father was selling 8 bit computers at the time (reason why I was lucky enough to basically try all 8 bits that were sold in the Netherlands at the time), and he told me that he actually sold quite some Oric Atmos computers showing a demo I wrote in store... So would love to find that demo back. Must have been simple as I used only BASIC and wrote it when I was 11.....
coco.oric
Squad Leader

Post by coco.oric »

Hello

Report of the full record of the CEO Meet is online.
Don't hesitate to push comment, blue thumb ...

Next meeting scheduled on Dec 11th. Save the date. Invitations will follow end of the week (logo has been redesigned for this event.
Orix will be on the program
Again, purpose ideas and presentations. This event will be shorter as google has crop the time to 1h on google meet
6502Nerd
Pilot Officer

Post by 6502Nerd »

I have just started watching this video - fascinating and wonderful to see such expertise and interest in the little Oric!

I hope that I may be able to join the December 11 meet up. I don't know if I would have much to say, although I hope by then my new language ROM option for Oric (dflat) is something I could explain - but would be happy anyway to participate!

Cheers, 6502Nerd