New Mac's with Intel chips ?

Comments, problems, suggestions about Oric emulators (Euphoric, Mess, Amoric, etc...) it's the right place to ask. And don't hesitate to give your tips and tricks that help using these emulations in the best possible way on your favorite operating system.
Bob
Private

New Mac's with Intel chips ?

Post by Bob »

will the Java emulator be okay on these machines I assume so ? I'll be able to test it for you hopefully on the 20th Jan as thats when my new mac arrives :)
Bob
Somewhere in the wilds of Scotland
carlsson
Pilot Officer

Post by carlsson »

If the web browser has a Java run-time environment (which it should have these days), I can't see any reason why it would work differently due to the CPU as Java is designed to be independent of such factors.

Theoretically, you'll be able to install Microsoft Vista once it is released, but I guess most Apple owners will want to stay with MacOS X Intel.
Anders Carlsson
Bob
Private

Post by Bob »

when it comes to vista I'm not sure I'll be able to run it as isnt it 64bit ? the new intel macs are only 32bit ? they are Dual core though. Someone will figure out how to setup the new boot system (not Bios but EFI) and should be able to dual boot Windowsxp and Mac os X. What I really want is to be able to run windows in a window on the mac os x desktop without any loss (or virtually none at least) of performance running games. now that would be fun!!!
Bob
Somewhere in the wilds of Scotland