Clock Signal — an Oric emulator for macOS and Linux

Comments, problems, suggestions about Oric emulators (Euphoric, Mess, Amoric, etc...) it's the right place to ask. And don't hesitate to give your tips and tricks that help using these emulations in the best possible way on your favorite operating system.
User avatar
iss
Wing Commander
Posts: 1082
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:43 pm
Location: Bulgaria
Contact:

Re: Clock Signal — an Oric emulator for macOS and Linux

Post by iss »

jbperin wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:36 am
... I even tried to setup a microdisc.
It seams Microdisc + DSK is recently broken. Tried the 'standard' Sedoric 3.0 image. If I convert the same DSK to HFE it boots OK. Jasmin+DSK and BD-500+DSK work just fine.

ThomH
Flying Officer
Posts: 215
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:55 pm

Re: Clock Signal — an Oric emulator for macOS and Linux

Post by ThomH »

This I was unaware of; I'll stick my nose in tonight. Also, for the record, I switched my desktop to German (the only other language I can read any of) and had no problem running the emulator; I'll keep digging.

Other than the ongoing Qt stuff — I'm currently engaged in the Qt forums re: the audio issue — I've otherwise been looking at some longstanding issues in the video stack preparatory to the addition of Metal and possibly DirectX backends. I finally got a lead on the bug some might have seen where if video output is a bottleneck* then bits of the display can jump up and down vertically, so hopefully that'll be fixed soon, too.

* probably rare for most people, and most obviously a sign that I should write a more efficient GPU pipeline. It's just really hard working on GLSL without any sort of profiling or debugging tools. This is an area where adding platform-specific APIs like Metal in addition to OpenGL might end up being really valuable, for all targets.

EDIT: so it looks like I broke the Microdisc when I attempted to generalise my handling of ROMDIS and the overlay area so that it wasn't Microdisc specific. I'll probably push a fix this weekend, giving it a few days in order to see whether I can get the video output fix in as well.

EDIT2: those changes have been formally released via the two binary channels — Snapcraft for Linux and the GitHub page for macOS.

Post Reply