The Prisoner / El Prisionero

Want to talks about games you like, would like to see developed on the Oric, it's here.
Bieno
Officer Cadet

The Prisoner / El Prisionero

Post by Bieno »

Without any doubt and time will confirm it, one of the best series and as relevant as unknown to many, is the one that we present to you in the form of a text adventure. The Prisoner was filmed between 1967 and 1968. It was thought up by Patrick McGoohan and George Markstein, the first one being its main actor and produced by ITC Entertainment. On the whole they filmed 17 episodes which lasted 50 minutes each.

Together with Chema's collaboration, we present the Oric version of this adventure, in English and Spanish. It is important to get into the story, know a little about the plot of the series. Here I attach a link to the first episode, in English,

The series, and game, begins with the resigning of the main actor of his job in the British Secret Service. He, going back to his apartment, wants to leave quickly from there to go far away. But he is caught with sleeping gas and is taken to a mysterious beach village called The Village. There he is given number 6 and he tries to escape by all means possible while he is trying to find out who is number 1 and if this number is the person who is in charge of The Village.

We hope you enjoy it.
You can download the game at the following link:

https://www.oric.org/software/el_prisionero-2523.html
Dbug
Site Admin

Re: The Prisoner / El Prisionero

Post by Dbug »

I watched this show back in the days :)

"JE NE SUIS PAS UN NUMÉRO!!!!!!"

I'm confused by the "Commodore Plus" mention, is that your nickname, version of the game, publisher???
Bieno
Officer Cadet

Post by Bieno »

I'm a Commodore 64 user but I have the Oric in a part of my heart and a special affection. Commodore Plus is the name I publish some games, some of mine and of other people.
iss
Wing Commander

Post by iss »

Wow, this is very cool! Thanks for the new game, @Bieno!
Dbug wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:53 am"JE NE SUIS PAS UN NUMÉRO!!!!!!"
My immediate association can't be other then:

“We want information…information…information!”
“Who are you?”
“The new Number Two.”
“Who is Number One?”
“You are Number Six.”
“I am not a number! I am a free man.”

Up the Irons! :twisted:
xahmol
Flight Lieutenant

Post by xahmol »

Haha, this must be one of the few places where I feel young, have really never heard of the series as I was born in 1973.....
Blake 7 I could much more associate with. And if we are going to make games of great TV shows you watched as kid, Battlestar Galactia probably would be my next suggestion....

Cool new game though!
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

xahmol wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:23 pm Haha, this must be one of the few places where I feel young, have really never heard of the series as I was born in 1973.....
Blake 7 I could much more associate with. And if we are going to make games of great TV shows you watched as kid, Battlestar Galactia probably would be my next suggestion....
I actually saw The Prisoner on TV in the days, while I never heard of Blake's 7 before Chema made his game :)

Regarding Battlestar Galactica, I could imagine some kind of hybrid game, part strategy, part adventure, part action, because basically you would have to ensure that your armada does not get destroyed, that your people are kept happy and alive, then there are the cylons trying to infiltrate and sabotage, the space fight, political turmoil, and moving from system to system, getting resources, avoiding dangerous places... and ultimately reach earth :D
coco.oric
Squad Leader

Post by coco.oric »

I'm a fan
I've seen the serie a lot and keep it on a precious dvd box
coco.oric as DidierV, CEO Member
Historic owner of Oric, Apple II, Atari ST, Amiga
Bieno
Officer Cadet

Post by Bieno »

As a curiosity, the original text was witten by me but the translation, and to keep the original feeling, it was done by David Stimpson: http://david-stimpson.blogspot.com/
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

I cannot express how great I think it is to see so many new developments for the Oric lately. Thank you Bieno, for supporting this little machine. I know it is not something easy. I only helped to get a working tap file out of Oricutron running The Quill (which is also not easy), and converted the loading pic with pictconv, so all the merit is his.

Thanks indeed for these little gems.
Dom
Flying Officer

Post by Dom »

Thanks a lot Bieno for this new adventure. I'm a fan of text adventures :)

For those who would like to load the game with a microdisc or a Cumana reborn (or an old cumulus :) ) I made a disc version.
I put both Spanish and English versions on this disc and added à small selection menu.
Trying different possibilities of action (bug chasing) I discovered a quite funny thing.

You can start a game in English, play, then save the current game and exit. If you decide to restart the game in Spanish and load the saved game, it works! You start, in Spanish, from where you left off! Funny :-)
Attachments
PRISONIER.dsk
Spanish & English
(250.25 KiB) Downloaded 215 times
Last edited by Dom on Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bieno
Officer Cadet

Post by Bieno »

Wow. Thanks a lot for the work :D
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

I loved that TV show, thank for porting it to Oric!
Not sure if/wehn I can play because of spare time though :|
Dom
Flying Officer

Post by Dom »

Great News ! Number 6 escaped the village !! :D

He has given the following map to me. He said that the "official" one, sold in the village was far to be enough accurate to be usefull...

He has also given informations, informations on how to escape... To read only if you are really stuck in the village :wink:

The Prisoner_ Solution & Map.zip
The prisoner - Solution and Map
(253.31 KiB) Downloaded 160 times
Last edited by Dom on Fri May 28, 2021 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
coco.oric
Squad Leader

Post by coco.oric »

congratulations dom, you're a fine detective, as usual
coco.oric as DidierV, CEO Member
Historic owner of Oric, Apple II, Atari ST, Amiga
Bieno
Officer Cadet

Post by Bieno »

Thank you very much for your time, having made the map, the solution and writing the messages that are heard through the speakers of the Village
Are you a fan of the series?