Games Review 2020

Want to talks about games you like, would like to see developed on the Oric, it's here.
xahmol
Flight Lieutenant

Re: Games Review 2020

Post by xahmol »

Symoon wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:27 am I quickly tried the game and had the same problem (in green !) after opening/closing a menu window. It was persistant. I think I was using Euphoric.
Strange. Tested in Oricutron and real hardware more than I liked the game for ;-). Never saw the issue. Also not with trying the now public DSK on Oric.org.

Must be a bug then somewhere that I can not reproduce in my environments. Really not once encountered this here. If anyone encountering this in Oricutron can send me a snapshot of the game state including description of the environment used to run it, it would be appreciated.
coco.oric
Squad Leader

Post by coco.oric »

Must be a bug then somewhere that I can not reproduce in my environments
Hello, i've used Euphoric (to get screenshots at oric size) and i'll try on a real hardware this we
coco.oric as DidierV, CEO Member
Historic owner of Oric, Apple II, Atari ST, Amiga
xahmol
Flight Lieutenant

Post by xahmol »

coco.oric wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:42 pm Hello, i've used Euphoric (to get screenshots at oric size) and i'll try on a real hardware this we
Thanks. So both persons having the issue used Euphoric. Indeed I have never tested in Euphoric myselves, as Euphoric refuses to start under Windows 10 and did not care to try in DOSBox as Oricutron worked fine and saw no need for the hassle...
Will give a go at running Euphoric in DOSBox then and see if I can reproduce and to see if the bug only is encountered using Euphoric. Of course if I can reproduce in Euphoric, my next question will be why Euphoric renders my game differently than Oricutron and my real hardware.
(and sorry to hijack this threat. If irritating, no problem for me if mod decides to move it to a different topic. Just got freaked by the half pawn being rendered....)
xahmol
Flight Lieutenant

Post by xahmol »

Hmm. Also in Euphoric can not quickly reproduce:
Schermafbeelding 2020-11-20 110025.png
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

Sorry I think I misunderstood the problem.
I thought the problem was the two chars long colour at the right of "Player 1". But I just understand it shows the player coulour!

So forget what I said, I actually didn't notice the problem!
xahmol
Flight Lieutenant

Post by xahmol »

Symoon wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:23 am Sorry I think I misunderstood the problem.
I thought the problem was the two chars long colour at the right of "Player 1". But I just understand it shows the player coulour!

So forget what I said, I actually didn't notice the problem!
Check! That one is correct indeed and intended. Did notice that the two char color gets a full line of color on opening the information menu, but that one did not bother me enough to solve it as it is only very briefly visible (and hard to solve also).

That leaves only the original issue. Which then still can be getting the screenshot at exactly the time the pawn is being erased (and background field is restored) before the pawn is moved. Sleep better again ;-) (just kidding)

Thanks for the feedback.
coco.oric
Squad Leader

Post by coco.oric »

Updated list with El Prisionero
coco.oric as DidierV, CEO Member
Historic owner of Oric, Apple II, Atari ST, Amiga