My last list of non-working games on Erebus

Want to talks about games you like, would like to see developed on the Oric, it's here.
dizzy33
Officer Cadet

My last list of non-working games on Erebus

Post by dizzy33 »

Hello,

so far I tested about 200 games, as we know some games do not work on Erebus (when they are multi-part).
For some non-working games, I could let them work by joining some different files into only one (thread : https://forum.defence-force.org/viewtop ... ner#p20133).
Some other games do work because they have been modified by Kenneth or other people.

But still, some games are not working on my Erebus :
- Karate
- Lone Raider
- Poopy
- Quark3D
- Them
- Trouble in store

This is not a big list, but as the Oric does not have many games, it would be good if they could work.
From this list, does anyone have a known working one on an Erebus ?

Thanks !
Steve M
Squad Leader

Re: My last list of non-working games on Erebus

Post by Steve M »

Perhaps we should list the fixed ones to show that there is a problem with the original file but that we have a fixed version?

I think there was a mention of 'Zip n Zap', on Facebook.
jede
Flying Officer

Re: My last list of non-working games on Erebus

Post by jede »

dizzy33 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:12 pm Hello,

so far I tested about 200 games, as we know some games do not work on Erebus (when they are multi-part).
For some non-working games, I could let them work by joining some different files into only one (thread : https://forum.defence-force.org/viewtop ... ner#p20133).
Some other games do work because they have been modified by Kenneth or other people.

But still, some games are not working on my Erebus :
- Karate
- Lone Raider
- Poopy
- Quark3D
- Them
- Trouble in store

This is not a big list, but as the Oric does not have many games, it would be good if they could work.
From this list, does anyone have a known working one on an Erebus ?

Thanks !
Hello,

I don't have Erebus, because i load tapes files from twilighte board but there is a special thing to do with quark3D (you have to do cload twice). Inlay displays the trick on oric.org

For others games, i don't know. But it's difficult to have all tapes working on Erebus (or any devices which trap cload calls) because many games uses many tricks to load their code.

On Twilighte board, Assinie manage a lot of games with the same ROM and without any game patch. But we have to produce two others ROM to have some software working.

It's easier on Twilighte board, because we can load and start any ROM from command line. But for example, Karate and trouble in store works on twilighte board without any patch with the default rom and poopy requires another rom to start.