New Spanish text adventure!!!!

Want to talks about games you like, would like to see developed on the Oric, it's here.
Chema
Game master

New Spanish text adventure!!!!

Post by Chema »

A Spanish group has been working on a new text adventure using The Quill for several systems including the Oric!: Torreoscura

This game will be officially released tomorrow check the news here and I can say it is a very nice and interesting adventure that those of you who can read Spanish will enjoy.

The Oric version, with instructions and everything you need to create your physical tape can be downloaded from here.

May I ask that someone, maybe you Dbug, upload it to Oric.org?

Cheers!
Last edited by Chema on Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
iss
Wing Commander

Re: Coming Soon: a new Spanish text adventure

Post by iss »

¡Excelente! No puedo esperar a verlo :D.

Unfortunately this is the limit of all my Spanish skills and on-line translators will not help much.
Any chance for English version soon or kind of cooperative work for localization in other languages?
Chema
Game master

Re: Coming Soon: a new Spanish text adventure

Post by Chema »

iss wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:27 pm ¡Excelente! No puedo esperar a verlo :D.

Unfortunately this is the limit of all my Spanish skills and on-line translators will not help much.
Any chance for English version soon or kind of cooperative work for localization in other languages?
Can't answer that... The authors are Spanish people and made versions for C64, Amstrad CPC, ZX Spectrum, PCW and MSDOS. Not sure how hard it would be to make a translation, but we will see :) I just helped them to create the taps and wavs ready to load, and also patched to work on Erebus and transferred to a disk thanks to your help :)

I have just edited the first post!!! Check it out!
coco.oric
Squad Leader

Re: New Spanish text adventure!!!!

Post by coco.oric »

It's done. Thanks for sharing this adventure

https://www.oric.org/software/torreoscura-2503.html
(i've now some screenshots to implement)
coco.oric as DidierV, CEO Member
Historic owner of Oric, Apple II, Atari ST, Amiga
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

Thank you very much!

Cheers!
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

coco.oric wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:06 pm
It's done. Thanks for sharing this adventure

https://www.oric.org/software/torreoscura-2503.html
(i've now some screenshots to implement)
Mmm.. Not sure why, but once I log in, the screenshots disappear (broken links?) and the stuff does not display what each link contains... Also there are two download links with no info of what each one is...
screenshot.png
screenshot.png (53.36 KiB) Viewed 8701 times
coco.oric
Squad Leader

Post by coco.oric »

Mmm.. Not sure why, but once I log in, the screenshots disappear (broken links?) and the stuff does not display what each link contains... Also there are two download links with no info of what each one is...
May be screens weren't uploaded when you've checked. I've done them later as i've to use euphoric to keep the original format that oricutron don't allow.

Extras are never (?) displayed. There's only donwload link and some infos, i've done a quick update.
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

coco.oric wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:58 am Extras are never (?) displayed. There's only donwload link and some infos, i've done a quick update.
That's strange, haven't uploaded for a few months but last time I did, there was indeed a mini picture next to each item.
Maybe browser related? I'm using Firefox.
coco.oric
Squad Leader

Post by coco.oric »

That's strange, haven't uploaded for a few months but last time I did, there was indeed a mini picture next to each item.
Pic is displayed for jpg files
I think that on pdf format, system isn't able to de=isplay them
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

coco.oric wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:15 pm
Pic is displayed for jpg files
I think that on pdf format, system isn't able to de=isplay them
Oh, sorry I didn't understand they were PDF files (I'm almost always uplaoding JPG / GIF / PNG)
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

What a nice surprise today! Bieno Martí, author of Torreoscura, gently sent me some physical copies of his game for the Oric. I must say they (the group is named CommodorePlus) have done a really neat job!

Thank you so much!
torreoscura.jpg
torreoscura.jpg (690.83 KiB) Viewed 8569 times
iss
Wing Commander

Post by iss »

Congrats! This is really impressive art work and this is how nowadays all new production for our Oric should look like.
And I already know what ¡Ayuda! means, so it's not too difficult to learn Spanish :lol:
robcook
Flying Officer

Post by robcook »

Even with my moderate español, I doubt it'd be good enough for a text adventure :(

Stiill, good to see new software being released especially with the production quality. Wonder why they used The Quill though? It's great but it has limitations.
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

They created other adventure games for C64. This time they decided to go multiplatform by using The Quill and DAAD.

I worked with Professional Adventure Writer System on the speccy in the past, but never used The Quill... are there other alternatives on the Oric?
robcook
Flying Officer

Post by robcook »

Chema wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:00 am I worked with Professional Adventure Writer System on the speccy in the past, but never used The Quill... are there other alternatives on the Oric?
I spoke briefly with someone at Gilsoft a little while after The Quill was released on the Oric, trying to convince them how great it was and that there's plenty of Oric business out there but if memory serves, I got the impression that they were already disappointed with early sales and so were unlikely to port further projects to the Oric. Exact same thing happened with Domark and A View To A Kill, although they were more blunt about (not) releasing more Oric games, although actually in a nice, friendly way. They weren't bad people.