Zorgons Revenge - My Attempt To Play - Video

Want to talks about games you like, would like to see developed on the Oric, it's here.
OricSociety
2nd Star Corporal

Zorgons Revenge - My Attempt To Play - Video

Post by OricSociety »

My next Oric video is up now... and was a fun one to make.
I downloaded my 1st game from oric.org and then used my Erebus to test and play it. It worked great!!!
Hope you enjoy me trying to play but play worse than a grandma Zorgons Revenge!
TJ

https://youtu.be/Osvynh4jj0Q
peacer
Flight Lieutenant

Re: Zorgons Revenge - My Attempt To Play - Video

Post by peacer »

It was so fun to watch :) Thank you
OricSociety
2nd Star Corporal

Post by OricSociety »

peacer wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:52 pm It was so fun to watch :) Thank you
Thanks for watching. TJ
Badger
Pilot Officer

Post by Badger »

I did enjoy watching the video, in fact I watched another 2 right after.

That one was where you compared galaxian on the 2600 to Attack of the Timelords on an Oddessy-2 (which I have no knowledge of).

If you liked attack of the timelord then I would recommend "The Ultra" by PSS software for the Oric as something similar. You can use the same method as yu did for Zorgons Revenge to load onto actual hardware.

Also with zorgons, its worth reading the inlay card/notes that I think are available on oric.org as they give more information on the levels, which I think is needed as some of the methods are not intuitive (I'm thinking of the t-rex level where you have to bounce back some of the laser beams).

I also watched another with a zx spectrum featuring Ollie and Lisa and a haunted castle. Looked like a good game but probably frustrating as the time limit on the level looked ridiculously short :D

Keep playing, and I'll keep watching :D
flag_uk Amateurs built the Ark, Professionals built the Titanic.
OricSociety
2nd Star Corporal

Post by OricSociety »

Cool! Thanks for checking out a couple more videos.
As you will see from my videos, I play like I have been thrown into a lions cage! haha
I will check out The Ultra then and have a go at that one!
TJ
Badger wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:30 pm I did enjoy watching the video, in fact I watched another 2 right after.

That one was where you compared galaxian on the 2600 to Attack of the Timelords on an Oddessy-2 (which I have no knowledge of).

If you liked attack of the timelord then I would recommend "The Ultra" by PSS software for the Oric as something similar. You can use the same method as yu did for Zorgons Revenge to load onto actual hardware.

Also with zorgons, its worth reading the inlay card/notes that I think are available on oric.org as they give more information on the levels, which I think is needed as some of the methods are not intuitive (I'm thinking of the t-rex level where you have to bounce back some of the laser beams).

I also watched another with a zx spectrum featuring Ollie and Lisa and a haunted castle. Looked like a good game but probably frustrating as the time limit on the level looked ridiculously short :D

Keep playing, and I'll keep watching :D
kenneth
Squad Leader

Post by kenneth »

In the stage of the bird carrying the adventurer, there is a coding error, in the upper floor, you have to catch the bird with a slight delay to travel, which is difficult at the start. Despite everything, the video is a good tutorial that makes you want to play with the Oric computer. 8)
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

It was my first game, and quite a good one at the time, even when compared to Spectrum games. However, I always found the collision detection terrible. Everywhere. A ball could hit you at the bird mission without actually hitting you :/ the shots you have to jump over or deflect in the dragon mission seem to hit you or not randomly, and many more.

Quite frustrating and surprising for such a great game.
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

I second Bager: you had the good reflex reading the inlay instructions (and thanks for letting know where you got the game from, it's appreciated ;)), but there's another in-box set of instructions which will help you a LOT understanding what to do ;)

About collision detection: on the dragon level, you have to jump a bit early Indeed to avoid the (black) ink color arrtibute. I used to be very good at this stage, but nowadays I've become really bad :D
OricSociety
2nd Star Corporal

Post by OricSociety »

Awesome info... Now I can blame these bad collision detection instead of my terrible game play. :twisted: :lol:
TJ
Chema wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:37 pm It was my first game, and quite a good one at the time, even when compared to Spectrum games. However, I always found the collision detection terrible. Everywhere. A ball could hit you at the bird mission without actually hitting you :/ the shots you have to jump over or deflect in the dragon mission seem to hit you or not randomly, and many more.

Quite frustrating and surprising for such a great game.