John Gage reviews Damsel In Distress!

Want to talks about games you like, would like to see developed on the Oric, it's here.
robcook
Flying Officer

Re: John Gage reviews Damsel In Distress!

Post by robcook »

Steve M wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:22 am
robcook wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:44 am Seriously, life is too short to get wound up over someone's reviews.
They aren't reviews.
They demonstrate a complete lack of knowledge of what he's looking at. He can't be bothered to do any research.
He doesn't know what an Oric is.

He just fumbles around and let's you know whether he likes the experience or not.

That's not a review.
Okay, call them whatever you want. My point still stands.
ibisum
Wing Commander

Post by ibisum »

This is all so reminiscent of the 80's, when we Oric fankids would get upset over a poor magazine review, or a low rating for the Oric in general on the basis of the crappiness of a majority of the games..

Either way though, there's no such thing as bad PR - and we're definitely getting more interest in the Oric platform as a result of this kind of promo. Of course the thing that interests new Oric fans the most, is the quality of the 21st Century games. The #1 refrain I'm hearing is "I didn't know Oric could do that!" style comments, and I think that's pretty great. So everyone here, who has made these games, deserves a round of applause - you may not be getting the praise you expect from 'the reviewers', but you sure are drawing the eyeballs of the people who will come check Oric out a bit more in depth due to the high quality of your work ..
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

I suggest we stop discussing that topic, some of us think all things Oric is good whatever the content, other things it is not, but it's not like we can do anything about how John Gage do his videos, no need to get us all annoyed about that.

That being said, If I may: Maybe people who suggest games to play, should suggest things that are easy to play, with keyboard controls that make sense when played on an emulator, or that don't require reading anything to understand how to play - I would really be sad seing him give a 0/10 to 1337 because he could not figure out how to move the space ship in space :D
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

Dbug wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:49 am I would really be sad seing him give a 0/10 to 1337 because he could not figure out how to move the space ship in space :D
Despite the tutorial mode... I put a tutorial mode in 1337, Oricium and Blake's7 (somewhat) and nobody even cares to take a look!

XD
robcook
Flying Officer

Post by robcook »

ibisum wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:35 am This is all so reminiscent of the 80's, when we Oric fankids would get upset over a poor magazine review, or a low rating for the Oric in general on the basis of the crappiness of a majority of the games..
Agreed.
Dbug wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:49 am I suggest we stop discussing that topic, some of us think all things Oric is good whatever the content, other things it is not, but it's not like we can do anything about how John Gage do his videos, no need to get us all annoyed about that.
Agreed.