The QUILL

Want to talks about games you like, would like to see developed on the Oric, it's here.
Dom
2nd Star Corporal

The QUILL

Post by Dom » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:03 pm

Hello,
Symoon said on the Oricutron thread that I had released a disc version of GRANDAD. That's true. :) I did that "by hand", using an Hexa decimal editor and Euphoric debuger. Reading the oricutron thread, I discovered that some people were still creating adventure games with the QUILL. That's why I decided to automatise the procedure on QUIL2DISC.dsk . I read, Chema that you intend to transfer a QUILLed game onto disc, I hope this piece of code may help :)
I've tested it with GRANDAD, SAUSAGE and Krystal Word I, it seems to work. If someone reading this , has others QUILLed games in tap version, somewhere in a harddisk, it would be nice to test and report eventual bugs :)
Attachments
Quill2Disc.zip
(92.78 KiB) Downloaded 16 times

Chema
Game master

Re: The QUILL

Post by Chema » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:41 pm

This is great!!!

I will test it immediately. Thanks indeed.

I know a group who is making a game using The Quill and they asked me for help with the Oric version. I am not sure that they want a disk game, but the possibility is indeed really interesting!

Thanks again!

robcook
Pilot Officer

Re: The QUILL

Post by robcook » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:27 am

I Quilled Krystal Worlds I but wrote KWII in 99%.9% BASIC / 0.01% machine code. Quite a different experience, having to create a parser n stuff. Good memories. Anyway, my point being that I still see sites listing KW2 as Quilled when it was not :(