OricExos - making the impossible

Want to discuss about Demos on the Oric, here you are !
ibisum
Squad Leader

Re: OricExos - making the impossible

Post by ibisum » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:18 pm

Looks amazing! As usual, I've been thinking about this for a few minutes and wondering at all the possibilities .. do you think it might be possible to make a 'mode' for the Exos whereby you can play a normal game, attribute-clash and all, on one Oric, while another Oric is dedicated to the task of detecting the attribute class bytes from the first Oric, and then 'overwriting' the clash characters with appropriate graphics codes which cover up the attribute clash?

Like, on "Doggy", the second Oric in the Exos stack could be used to produce a 'mask' on the regions where the attributes would normally clash, and .. due to "some priority scheme" .. results in there being no clash in the final frame?

I dunno, its just a thought .. I always start wondering when you post progress .. its just such a delightful project, and I have to admit to having eyed my stack of Atmos' a few times already, to see how far I'd be willing to join in creating the Exos platform .. ;)

iss
Squad Leader

Post by iss » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:35 pm

Re-captured and merged previous "color bars" and "more color bars" demos.

@ibisum: I think it's possible to use more Oric's to "retouché" old games but it will be not easy task.

mikeb
1st Star Corporal

Post by mikeb » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:32 pm

Definitely getting a better balance on the weighting of the colours in the new colour bars video! Keep going :)

On the video output card, that AD(unreadable) surface mount chip makes me think of this for some reason ...

iss
Squad Leader

Post by iss » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:00 pm

@mikeb: Ha-ha, good point! It's AD724 - standard encoder chip (imo not bad). I didn't found proper SOIC-16 adapter and had to improvise...
20181110_200203.jpg

iss
Squad Leader

Post by iss » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:31 pm

Some news in twitter style: OricExos works perfect with my cumulus! So write+compile+test cycle is even fun :).