ULA

If you want to ask questions about how the machine works, peculiar details, the differences between models, here it is !
How to program the oric hardware (VIA, FDC, ...) is also welcome.
coolman66
Flying Officer

ULA

Post by coolman66 »

As a new member to DF can anyone enlighten me on the availability of a ULA for an ATMOS.

I have seen a site that sells ULA HCS HCS 10017 is it what I want It's adress is http://www.littlediode.com,if I can get an ATMOS ULA there's a good possibility I can get an ORIC MICRO-DRIVE to go with it,so its essential.
COOLMAN
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

I'm not entirely sure, but I believe that some people have few ULA's in stocks. What's sure is that finding a working ULA is a lot (by an order of magnitude) easier than to find an Oric Microdisc unit.

If you can manage to find a work Oric Microdisc (a master unit, with the controller board), go for it. These things are like super ultra rare.

And by the way, the Oric 1, Atmos and Telestrat all have the same model of ULA, so one can be taken from a non working Oric and put on another one if needed. (and an Oric 1 and and a Atmos is the same thing inside anyway, so you can just even swap the Rom and you get an atmos)
Steve M
Squad Leader

Post by Steve M »

Brian Kidd sold his Cumana interface recently on Ebay, with a Microdisc slave drive.
Godzil
Squad Leader

Post by Godzil »

Dbug wrote:And by the way, the Oric 1, Atmos and Telestrat all have the same model of ULA
I'm unsure that there is only one version of the ULA, the act (nearly) the same on a pin and extern point of view, but I'm pretty sure there is different revision of the silicium. (that's one of the reason of my "hardware inventory topic)