Stormlord

Want to talks about games you like, would like to see developed on the Oric, it's here.
Twilighte
Game master

Stormlord

Post by Twilighte »

Stormlord was the new game i'd been working on and now after about 3 weeks of fixing bugs raised by my gallant testers Symoon, Ibisum, Yann, Chema and Dbug and after 8 years abstinence from any new release i can finally say its finished :)

Its from the same name of the game on the Commodore 64, Spectrum, Amstrad and 16 bits but primarily based on the C64 version which i always considered the best conversion :wink:

Dbug even provided me a new site for it similar to Chema's Space:1999 where you can view the youtube video, download the game and view some info about it..

http://stormlord.defence-force.org/

Thanks go to Dbug, Chema, Symoon, Ibisum and Yann for their help in testing this game and especially to Dbug for setting up and hosting the wonderful site.
Xeron
Emulation expert

Post by Xeron »

Holy cow! Thats amazing!
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

An incredible platform-game! Very very nice work Twilighte. Congratulations.

And thanks for this new game for our Orics! You rock, dude.

I am sorry I did not have the time to make deeper testings in the last weeks, but you had a good team of testers anyway.

Everybody should download and try this game, which is very addictive and fun to play.
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

Thanks to you, Twilighte!
How cool to see so much coding talent in this forum.
ibisum
Wing Commander

Post by ibisum »

Really nice job, I've enjoyed play-testing this game in the last few weeks .. although I didn't find many bugs, I really had a blast getting through the levels. My 3yr old son also loves this game, he calls it the "blue bubbles game" because he got mostly interested in it while I was cursing trying to find out how to get through the blue bubbles .. and he thinks the spiders are cool! :)

So I say, very well done mate! This is another excellent example of the new generation of software coming out of this community for our lovely Orics. I daresay I've had more fun with my Oric in the last few years than I did in the 80's, and thats really saying something! :)
Iapetus
Flying Officer

Post by Iapetus »

Wonderful job Twilighte, I have just checked the website and look at those screen captures!!!!!

The samples that I sent you from the c64 were of any use?

I will play it now...
Twilighte
Game master

Post by Twilighte »

Algarbi wrote:The samples that I sent you from the c64 were of any use?
This does concern me a little. I have been promising this game for so long there may have been many of you who have helped me in getting the game done but who i have not thanked. Please let me know if this is so :oops:

Thankyou for all your kind words. I have now announced the game on Mobygames, Retrogamer and Retro Computer Museum. If people can think of anywhere else i should announce it please let me know :?

Now working hard at Impossible Mission
Iapetus
Flying Officer

Post by Iapetus »

Twilighte wrote:
Super!!

I was about to tell you to say something to the guys at oldschoolgaming

but I see that have already added an entry about your game.

Keep up the good work!
kamelito
Flying Officer

Post by kamelito »

Awesome,

I was frustrated back then when I saw KnigthLore on the Spectrum, but now with games like these, I'm proud to have bought my Oric in the first place. (83)

Congrats!
kml
Algarbi wrote:
Twilighte wrote:
Super!!

I was about to tell you to say something to the guys at oldschoolgaming

but I see that have already added an entry about your game.

Keep up the good work!
/kml
skype pseudo : kamelitoloveless
Silicebit.
Flight Lieutenant

Post by Silicebit. »

I am simply impressed. :shock: :shock: Great colorful graphics, great music, great.... ALL!!! :D

Thanks Twi.
Twilighte
Game master

Post by Twilighte »

Silicebit. wrote:I am simply impressed. :shock: :shock: Great colorful graphics, great music, great.... ALL!!! :D

Thanks Twi.
My pleasure Silicebit. It got a bit boring towards the end with all this testing but all worth it in the end.
Will upload better youtube video shortly, since last one was out of sync with sound but Me and Xeron think we know why :P
Shaun_B
2nd Star Corporal

Post by Shaun_B »

I thought that I'd pop by and say how much I like this remake. I'll be giving it a plug along with a 'top secret' (or maybe not so top secret) project for the Oric in a PC magazine called Micro Mart within the next few weeks.

Cheers,

Shaun.
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

Hi Shaun, long time seeing!
Glad to see you here, and thanks for the nice message :)
Shaun_B
2nd Star Corporal

Post by Shaun_B »

Hi DBug,

I can see that you've all been very busy here. I only found out about Stormlord thanks to http://www.oldschool-gaming.com, which is how I also discovered this forum. Looks like I've got a lot of catching up to do.

Regards,

Shaun.
Twilighte
Game master

Post by Twilighte »

Interestingly Stormlord is the first released game that i've done using OSDK and XA compiler 8)

Pulsoids was written using my own compiler :P