HELLO 3D WORLD!

The Oric video chip is not an easy beast to master, so any trick or method that allows to achieve nice visual results is welcome. Don't hesitate to comment (nicely) other people tricks and pictures :)
Brana
Flying Officer

HELLO 3D WORLD!

Post by Brana »

HELLO 3D WORLD! :)

Who said that 3D generated landscape is impossible to have on Oric Atmos?! :)

Well, with a little help from combining various software - almost everything is possible!

Please have a look at these two demos of mine;

The first one ("3DMOON.TAP") will take you to the ride over the landscape of the Earth's moon, and the second one ("3DCITY.TAP") is a flight over the city.

They are all black-and-white (sorry for that - no color for now!) and they can be CLOADED" on Euphoric at 1Mhz CPU speed, but setting the CPU to at least 4 MHz will improve the "viewing pleasure".

So 4Mhz CPU under the Euphoric is highly recommended! :)

Both animations enclosed here have 100 frames, and will play for about 40 seconds or so.

This is created by combining the following software:

- VistaPro (Virtual Landscape generator and projector),

- PhotoShop V5.5

- PictConv.EXE (from Mr. Dbug)

- Euphoric 0.99k F.Frances

- Iskra2000 (My operating system for Oric Atmos)

I would like to hear your opinion regarding this kind of graphics under HIRES of Oric Atmos, and also I would like to know was there ever any 3D Landscape Generator software ever built for Oric Atmos (ever?)

Best regards
Brana
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

Where can we download them?

Cheers
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

Here are the files:
http://www.defence-force.org/ftp/forum/ ... Dworld.zip

Hei.
It's quite nice. My only concern is that it can reasonably work only on an emulator, because in practice loading tapes would not really work.
Could you consider doing a microdisc version, that would load pictures from the floppy ?
You can probably even compress the pictures with Filepack, would make it possible to fit more pictures on the disk, and makes them load faster as well :)

The unpacking routine of the osdk is fast enough to unpack directly on the screen in realtime :)
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

Years ago, I did exactly the same kind of animation on a Sedoric disk, with the Simpsons.
Without compression, the speed was correct on a real Oric (I'd say about 2 pictures per second).

I don't know if the disk can still be found somewhere on the Net, if not I'll put it online.

Ok, find it ihere on my old website:
http://www.geocities.com/paris/7150/animoric.zip
Brana
Flying Officer

Post by Brana »

Thank You, I'm glad You like it;

I'll try to do the microdisc version during the following weekend so I'll let You know :)

Brana
Brana
Flying Officer

Re:Insufficient disk space!

Post by Brana »

Hello, I have tried to "fit" 100 Hires frames from the TAP file on to the Microdisc DSK file but it wil not "fit" to the Microdisc!

One (single) Hires file on to the Microdisc takes about 33 (SIZE) and the amount of the free memory on the disk is 2555 (SIZE), so it gives me a bit less than 70 frames of animation in HIRES to store on to a single Microdisc DSK file.

And I wanted to put BOTH my recent animations on to a single DSK file (haha!)

Sorry, it can not "fit" on a DSK file

Brana