Competition CEO: New Year 2019

In this forum you can write about anything that does not fit in other forums.
This includes generic Oric talkings and things that are totaly unrelated but want to share with people here :)
peacer
Flight Lieutenant

Re: Competition CEO: New Year 2019

Post by peacer »

Same here.. I can't bring the things in my mind to the life..I am stuck with some machine code routines. There are some projects I started but none of them seems to be going to finish. I hope I would finish something worth to share but probability is still low, and time is running fast...
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

The approach I took was to make something "demo-ish" that could eventually be made into a game, assuming I've time.

I'm probably not going to have the time to make it a game, but I'll release the demoish thing :)
retroric
Pilot Officer

Post by retroric »

peacer wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:01 pm Same here.. I can't bring the things in my mind to the life..I am stuck with some machine code routines. There are some projects I started but none of them seems to be going to finish. I hope I would finish something worth to share but probability is still low, and time is running fast...
I know this feeling very well! :D Although I hope I will be able to make a submission this time, even if it's not the whole thing, it will be a one-level / demo game. Still trying to decide which project I will "push" as I have 2 candidates at the moment, but in the end I'll probably go for the quickest and easisest of the two as the deadline is approaching fast...
flag_fr RetrOric, aka laurentd75 flag_uk
            GitHub - RetrOric
ibisum
Wing Commander

Post by ibisum »

Just wanted to mention that the links on the competition page seem to be broken.
coco.oric
Squad Leader

Post by coco.oric »

Hello,

Links seems to working fine.
For all competitors ... of course, a single level or a demo are sufficient.
coco.oric as DidierV, CEO Member
Historic owner of Oric, Apple II, Atari ST, Amiga
coco.oric
Squad Leader

Post by coco.oric »

CEO concours page updated with title screens of the 4 software already registered.
https://ceo.oric.org/doku.php?id=concou ... ar-2019-en

5 days to go...

and a good news, toto & drpsy have decided to subscribe too
coco.oric
Squad Leader

Post by coco.oric »

As it was planned, CEO Members : Thierry, Jean-Marc, Yann and Didier have rated the 9 software created for the competition.
We've been very surprised and happy to discover these games, demos and utilities created on our marvelous computer.

Results are on the ceo.oric.org page dedicated to the competition and the different versions of the softwares are compiled in 2 disks.
https://www.oric.org/software/ny2019_co ... -2432.html

Get them, and soon this month a specific ceo-mag will be released with some details about.
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

I almost forgot, but here is the source code for QuantumFx:
http://miniserve.defence-force.org/view ... ames/Road/
retroric
Pilot Officer

Post by retroric »

Thanks DBug for sharing your code, and I hope you get some time in the future to pursue this project :)

As to my CEO contest entry (ElectrOric), I have extensively reworked and expanded my meager, half-baked one-level demo project into an (almost) full game. It now features 25 levels with "unlock codes", score handling, some sound effects, a custom character font and a custom loader. It still needs some ironing out, some more levels and a decent title screen to make it worth calling it a "1.0" release, at which point (quite soon hopefully) I'll open up the Git repository hosting the code and share it with the community.

Meanwhile, I'm really longing for the release of the special "CEO Contest" issue of the CEO magazine !!! :P :P :P
flag_fr RetrOric, aka laurentd75 flag_uk
            GitHub - RetrOric