Save a tape to a PC / Sauvergarder une K7 sur PC

Anything related to the tools Tap2Wav, Tap2CD, Tap2Dsk, Sedoric Disc Manager, Tape Header Creator, WriteDsk, and generaly speaking tools related to the management of Oric data files and devices.
musepat
2nd Star Corporal

Save a tape to a PC / Sauvergarder une K7 sur PC

Post by musepat »

Hello everyone,
For some time now I try to transfer to PC programs I wrote long ago that are on tape for backup before they are not available.
But I can't.
They are written in Basic, not protected, but I do not feel like retyping the entire listing.

- I tried with a Microdisc interface that is connected to a 3"1/2 drive:
it handles well the reader, but impossible to read these cassettes if this interface is connected (I tried with 5 Atmos).
- I tried to connect a second drive Microdisc player, but it has no switch and I can't switch to player B (the tutorial from Romuald requires the switch)
- I wanted to play back the tape on the PC with Audacity, I have 4800HZ selected, mono, 8 bit but no, it does not work.

Hialmar told me that perhaps the Sedoric on disk 3 "1/2 conflicts with reading the tape, it's a first track.
He also thinks that it may be possible to play back the tape directly with Euphoric?

If you have solutions, I'm open to any suggestions.

Bonjour tout le monde,
Depuis quelques temps déjà j'essaie de transférer sur PC des programmes que j'ai écrits il y a longtemps, qui sont sur cassette pour les sauvegarder avant de ne plus pouvoir lire ces cassettes.
Mais je n'y arrive pas.
Ils sont écrits en Basic, pas protégés, mais je ne me sens pas de retaper tout le listing.

- J'ai essayé avec une interface Microdisc sur laquelle est branché un lecteur 3"1/2 :
ça gère bien le lecteur, mais impossible de lire les cassettes sir cette interface est branchée (testé avec 5 Atmos).
- J'ai essayé de brancher un lecteur Microdisc en 2ème lecteur, mais il n'a pas de switch et je ne peux pas le passer en lecteur B (le tuto de Romuald nécessite ces switch)
- J'ai voulu lire la cassette sur le PC avec Audacity, j'ai bien choisi 4800HZ, mono, 8bits mais non, ça ne marche pas.

Hialmar m'a dit que peut-être le Sedoric sur la disquette 3"1/2 entre en conflit avec la lecture de cassette, c'est une 1ère piste.
Il pense aussi qu'il est peut-être possible de lire directement la cassette avec Euphoric ?

Si vous avez des solutions, je suis ouvert à toutes suggestions.

Merci à vous.
Dbug
Site Admin

Re: Save a tape to a PC / Sauvergarder une K7 sur PC

Post by Dbug »

musepat wrote:Depuis quelques temps déjà j'essaie de transférer sur PC des programmes que j'ai écrits il y a longtemps, qui sont sur cassette pour les sauvegarder avant de ne plus pouvoir lire ces cassettes.
(...)
- J'ai essayé avec une interface Microdisc sur laquelle est branché un lecteur 3"1/2 :
That's confusing: Is your software on TAPE or on DISK?

Have you tried to follow Symoon tutorials, record the tapes on your PC (connect a tape player to the PC input and play the tape, basically) and then use one of the Wav to Tape programs?
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

I second Dbug: are you trying to make DSK files, TAP files, or just use your PC as a tape player of WAV files ?
Hialmar
Flight Lieutenant

Post by Hialmar »

He is trying to save old tapes on his PC as .TAP or .DSK.

The programs were typed by him and therefore they are not protected.
Hialmar
CEO and Silicium member.