My Telestrat arrived! :)

This is the right place to discuss on how to implement hardware vsync, adding a VIA or AY chipset, puting multiple roms, or how to design a new flash expansion card.
ibisum
Wing Commander

My Telestrat arrived! :)

Post by ibisum »

Just wanted to let you guys know (in case you missed it in the threads I already posted) that my Telestrat arrived today! WOW its a beast!

So this means I can continue my investigation of the disk interface with a view to developing a hardware, SD-card based, replacement for the Microdisc dilemna.

Any hints/tips anyone has about this issue is greatly appreciated - I'll be doing a bit of ground work (mostly working out how to transfer .DSK files, and then playing all the new games) first, familiarizing myself with the interface and ROM code and so forth, before I get back to the hardware side of things - I really want to know more about how the disk interface works, electronically, before I continue.
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

From a hardware point of view, what you get now is an Oric Atmos with an integrated disk controller, connected to a Slave Floppy Unit.

I wonder if it's possible to design a SD expansion which would work for the Telestrat and the Atmos.

I believe that on the Telestrat just something like the HcX Floppy Emulator would work, since the controller is already there, while on the Atmos you need something to emulate both the floppy part and the controller part.
ibisum
Wing Commander

Post by ibisum »

So I guess I should get the HxC simulator then ..