Oric ROMs

This is the right place to discuss on how to implement hardware vsync, adding a VIA or AY chipset, puting multiple roms, or how to design a new flash expansion card.
metadata
Pilot Officer

Oric ROMs

Post by metadata »

If somebody needs other ROMs (for example the Atmos 1.1 for an Oric1) i can burn them for you.
If you order it together with your Cumulus you can save the shipping and it cost you only 3€ per ROM (brand new ST27C256).
Xeron
Emulation expert

Re: Oric ROMs

Post by Xeron »

I still think a good idea for a future revision of the cumulus would be to map in a rom image from SD when software de-asserts romdis.
Godzil
Squad Leader

Post by Godzil »

It's not possible without major hardware reworks
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

But isn't it possible to load ANY rom in overlay RAM? Sedoric does this with v1.0 and v1.1, but extending that shouldn't be difficult.
Godzil
Squad Leader

Post by Godzil »

Yes you can, but it's only software, you can do this with any working drive, you don't need any rework/change for this like the sedoric rom loading does.

But with this configuration you can't use the overlay, and it's RAM so a faulty software may change parts of the rom, and it's not a really wanted thing :D

The StratoCumulus project will provide a way to have an external "rom" that is dynamically changeable and allowing to use the overlay.

In fact it will provide, the internal ROM, the Overlay, and multiple pages of "ROM" or RAM depending on the configuration on the $C000-$FFFF memory area.

The multiple number is yet to be define, but I may use a 512KB or 1MB SRAM on the device, so we could get a maximum of 64 pages when using a 1MB SRAM, that's big :D
Godzil
Squad Leader

Post by Godzil »

Sorry to highjack this topic, as it is anyway about Oric ROM.

Is someone aware of a dump of the IC23 "PAL Signal Generation" ROM ? (this is a 256*4Bit ROM)
highwayman
Flying Officer

Post by highwayman »

like this one i dumped?
:D
Attachments
oric1.zip
(247 Bytes) Downloaded 541 times