ORIC SDCARD

This is the right place to discuss on how to implement hardware vsync, adding a VIA or AY chipset, puting multiple roms, or how to design a new flash expansion card.
Symoon
Archivist

Re: ORIC SDCARD

Post by Symoon » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:05 am

Chema wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:11 am
I was thinking on a patched ROM that trapped the CLOAD command and could read a tap file on a sedoric disk.
(...)
Seems doable?
I suspect the problem would be that some TAP files will use page 4, or RAM locations used by the Sedoric system.
Certainly doable, but the loaded programs might crash the system (or the system crash the program).

kenneth
Flying Officer

Post by kenneth » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:08 am

In my project, the RAM overlay is not available. I don't now how Sedoric works but if it is not writing in the RAM overlay for its management, I can store it in the bank 1 for example. The first CLOAD instruction will make appear the window to choose a TAP file or a disc. When a disc must be swapped after we can use a secret key code like FUNCT CTRL to show the window again with DSK files but without TAP files.

kenneth
Flying Officer

Post by kenneth » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:35 am

Dbug wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:24 am
Since you have freebanks, you could probably have both the Oric 1 and Oric Atmos versions of the ROM and allow the user to boot in Oric 1 or Oric Atmos mode, and have the games flagged as compatible with specific versions of the ROM, would make Atmos users allow to play Oric 1 games, and Oric 1 (or Telestrat?) users to play Atmos only games :)
This is doable with a small switch on the pcb to force the computer to start in ORIC-1 mode or with a routine called with a pre-programmed "!" vector.

kenneth
Flying Officer

Post by kenneth » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:23 pm

For using a better compatible gerber file, I have updated the DIY link. :wink:

Chema
Game master

Post by Chema » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:46 pm

Just a quick note. In the Spanish forum Retrowiki, a user just launched a batch of 15 cards with components with the info Kenneth provided and all of them were reserved in a few hours. I even missed it!

I just can't believe the price is under 8 euros! (unmounted) but the list was complete even before knowing it.

Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:51 pm

Argh! :(
Crazy! Well done Kenneth, and thanks for letting us know Chema, hoping further batch will come ;)