pravetz and sxc floppy emulator.

If you want to ask questions about how the machine works, peculiar details, the differences between models, here it is !
How to program the oric hardware (VIA, FDC, ...) is also welcome.
norik
1st Star Corporal

pravetz and sxc floppy emulator.

Post by norik »

there is a http://www.ebay.com/itm/Oric-Atmos-Oric ... 0on%20ebay (cumana disk controller) and it is written it works with Pravetz 8D.

If I am not mistaken, Pravetz already has a disk controller, however that's Apple ][ compatible controller. So, is it possible to use hxc floppy emulator with Pravetz without having extra disk controller?
Or something like this board is necessary?

Other question is, okay, if I have both the board and the hxc floppy emulator, then just putting a disk image to sd card is not enough right? What should be done on Pravetz side to force it to load operating system from disk?
freaktmp
2nd Star Corporal

Re: pravetz and sxc floppy emulator.

Post by freaktmp »

norik wrote: If I am not mistaken, Pravetz already has a disk controller, however that's Apple ][ compatible controller. So, is it possible to use hxc floppy emulator with Pravetz without having extra disk controller?
Or something like this board is necessary?
The HxC floppy emulator is not Apple compatible, so it will not work with any apple compatible controller.

You need a cumana or microdisk controller in order to work with the HxC.
Jeff
2nd Star Corporal

Post by Jeff »

freaktmp wrote: The HxC floppy emulator is not Apple compatible, so it will not work with any apple compatible controller.
Are you sure ? ;)

Slim HxC Floppy Emulator on Apple 2c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaR9noqb0JE
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

norik wrote:If I am not mistaken, Pravetz already has a disk controller, however that's Apple ][ compatible controller. So, is it possible to use hxc floppy emulator with Pravetz without having extra disk controller?
The Pravetz 8D is an exact copy of the Atmos, it does not have a built-in controller.

The only Oric with a controller is the Telestrat.