Newbie just got an Oric-1

If you want to ask questions about how the machine works, peculiar details, the differences between models, here it is !
How to program the oric hardware (VIA, FDC, ...) is also welcome.
ibisum
Wing Commander

Re: Newbie just got an Oric-1

Post by ibisum »

Symoon wrote: BTW I would not recommand leboncoin unless you can meet the seller to get the item and pay him. There are lots of scams there, for instance the last Telestrat that sold at 800 euros on Ebay: one could see the exact same pictures on leboncoin 2 days later, sold for "only" 600 euros, which of course was a fake. Some guys are looking for what makes money on Ebay and try to "sell" the same on leboncoin 25% less, for 100% profit.
Do you have more details on that Telestrat that sold for 800? I bought mine for 500Euros', so thats interesting to me ..
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

ibisum wrote:Do you have more details on that Telestrat that sold for 800? I bought mine for 500Euros', so thats interesting to me ..
I only found back (it was in May) that there was (at least) a Telestrat and two slave drives. I can't recall what other stuff was there, but there were several pictures so I think there were more small stuff with it.

Anyway, Telestrats keep on selling at higher prices as time goes by.
JamesD
Flight Lieutenant

Post by JamesD »

Keep the 16K Oric 1 for show and get an Atmos for go.