[pictconv] Problem on Linux

Questions, bug reports, features requests, ... about the Oric Software Development Kit. Please indicate clearly in the title the related element (OSDK for generic questions, PictConv, FilePack, XA, Euphoric, etc...) to make it easy to locate messages.

Spocky
2nd Star Corporal

[pictconv] Problem on Linux

Post by Spocky »

I have some problem with Pictconv on my linux system. I can't try on a windows on. So I come here to see It's a generic problem or not.

When I launch it (wine wine od course), depending of the picture, He can make an infinite loop. So I can't have the picture useful for making the "soft".

It's a problem due to the picture? Due to Linux? Or me?

Thanks for answering me
vrozos
Officer Cadet

Re: [pictconv] Problem on Linux

Post by vrozos »

What options you used to call Pictconv? (copy-paste here from your prompt to make things clearer for experts) Did you use -f1, because I am experiencing the same problem (xubuntu 11.10), but only with -f1. I think -f2 gives the best results.

V.
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

Could you send me the picture and the parameters you are using?
(also the version number of pictconv would be nice).

Generally it's not an infinite loop, it's just a situation where pictconv tries all the combinations it can find... which in some specific cases can be veryyyyyy long.
In these cases what I do is to run pictconv with the "test" flag mode, which shows the line number of the currently processed line. This helps find out which place in the picture is making pictconv have problems.

I guess I could add a timer on the conversion to make it time out if no solution was found for a particular scanline after one second or so.
Spocky
2nd Star Corporal

Post by Spocky »

On my computer I have Ubuntu 12.04. It was with -f1. But with the -f2 it's work easily. Thanks to solve it :wink:

Someone on windows have the problem or it's only a linux one?